Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:55 PM   #1
NavySEAL6
macrumors regular

Best Keyboard Cases for new iPad

I was wondering what keyboard cases people have been looking into and why. Right now I'm interested in the Zaggfolio because it has a removable keyboard. There are so many options what other alternatives may be better?
Xbox Live: Chunk924
NavySEAL6 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Lenow
macrumors regular

Zaggfolio or adonit

I ordered the zaggfolio in alligator leather based upon reviews of the older version and the variety of colors. I am waiting for adonit to indicate if the writer plus will work with the new iPad and wil likely order that to compare. I would love to hear from others who have used either.
Lenow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:56 PM   #3
jackwins
macrumors regular

I can confirm that the Zaggfolio "***** Rocks"

I used it with my iPad2 and it was great!!! The keyboard is great quality. I have large hands so I had to get used to the keys being a little more crammed together. But it was a quick transition. The folio I had was the fake carbon fiber stuff. Yesterday I ordered the black leather. Have to wait until the end of the month for it to come in.
32GB iPad Air
jackwins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 03:00 PM   #4
OneMike
macrumors 68040

That Zaggfolio looks the best IMO. I'm trying to decide on carbon / white keyboard or leather and white keyboard.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 03:01 PM   #5
chilady1
macrumors member

I am rocking the Origami iPad workstation and I have to tell you - I absolutely love it. I use my iPad constantly at work for meetings and although I was able to get a lot of notes down via the virtual keyboard, it really isn't the same as typing on a physical keyboard.

I recently acquired an Apple Wireless keyboard, love the size as it can travel with me. The Origami Workstation is really a cover for the Apple keyboard which unfolds and via velcro allows you to create a stand for your iPad. I might add that this stand is quite sturdy. When I am done using the keyboard, I unfold the stand, close the cover and voila done, keyboard ready for transport.

I did have an all in one keyboard/ipad case but the keys on most of those are very small. I have medium size hands but still found it difficult to type of the keyboards and originally I thought it would be a pain to carry (1)iPad and (2)keyboard, but I am finding this solution to fit my needs quite nicely. Good Luck with your search.
chilady1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:29 PM   #6
wirelessness
macrumors 6502

I ordered and already received my Zagg Folio for the new iPad. Can't wait till Friday. I've only seen one other keyboard case in person and I think it was by Kensington which I did not like very much.
wirelessness is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:31 PM   #7
OneMike
macrumors 68040

The Origami iPad workstation is pretty cool, but you still need something separate for the iPad to protect / carry. Looking for a combined case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessness View Post
I ordered and already received my Zagg Folio for the new iPad. Can't wait till Friday. I've only seen one other keyboard case in person and I think it was by Kensington which I did not like very much.
Same. I think it was the Kensigton I saw at walmart or Target and it wasn't appealing at all. I'm trying to hold out for a white keyboard zaggfolio. Too bad not avail till end of month.

Last edited by OneMike; Mar 14, 2012 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Spam post above was removed so makes part of my reply look crazy
OneMike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:51 PM   #8
NavySEAL6
macrumors regular

Can people comment on the overall quality of the zaggfolio I'm terms of the keyboard, case look and feel etc. Is the case nice with the keyboard removed? Right now I can get one of these, or for the same price, get a Kensington model and a separate case via amazon.
Xbox Live: Chunk924
NavySEAL6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:55 PM   #9
spectre51
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to spectre51
Anyone used the clamcase? What are your thoughts about it? I was thinking of getting one for the new iPad.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:04 PM   #10
TC25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre51 View Post
Anyone used the clamcase? What are your thoughts about it? I was thinking of getting one for the new iPad.
If you don't mind more than doubling the weight of the iPad, go for it.
TC25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:38 PM   #11
scirica
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC25 View Post
If you don't mind more than doubling the weight of the iPad, go for it.
I was wondering about this myself. It looks like a great design but very bulky. I'm typing on a Zaggfolio keyboard right now (on my iPad 2) and it is great quality.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories