Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Pared
macrumors 65816

Mophie Workbook and iPad3

Does anyone that has this case already for the iPad 2 plan on getting an iPad 3 on launch day?

I am curious to find out what are differences if I were to use this case for the new iPad. I already know the sizes are similar, but I'm more concerned with the camera placement and if any minor changes are noticeable when using the case and new device.

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:05 AM   #2
3goldens
macrumors 68000

I spoke with my friends at Mophie, they are telling me it will fit without a problem!

What they didn't know was that the magnet function does not work any longer!

Last edited by 3goldens; Mar 17, 2012 at 01:42 AM.
3goldens is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:37 AM   #3
Pared
macrumors 65816

Yes - I found out about this yesterday.

So does the magnet feature work without a problem with the 2? I'll have one to test out later. It's "broken" when using with the 3.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:59 AM   #4
Pared
macrumors 65816

Just read this.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1340300

Damn.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:34 PM   #5
Ryox
macrumors 6502a

So is it confirmed that the Mophie Workbook case does not support the Retina iPad 3's magnetic sleep wake function at the moment?
Ryox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:13 PM   #6
mophiehelp
macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say that our Workbook II's will be compatible with the sleep/wake function on the new iPad. We just confirmed it with our CEO this morning. Also our PowerStand is compatible with it 100%, as will be our new Workbook III. The new Workbook III will also have a bigger camera hole to make way for the bigger iPad camera. Hope this clears up some rumors.

- Katie at mophie
mophiehelp is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:15 PM   #7
soco
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by mophiehelp View Post
Hi guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say that our Workbook II's will be compatible with the sleep/wake function on the new iPad. We just confirmed it with our CEO this morning. Also our PowerStand is compatible with it 100%, as will be our new Workbook III. The new Workbook III will also have a bigger camera hole to make way for the bigger iPad camera. Hope this clears up some rumors.

- Katie at mophie
Solid reply, thanks ladyperson.
soco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:33 PM   #8
Ryox
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Hi guys,

- Katie at mophie
Any information on a release date for the Workbook III?
Ryox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:39 PM   #9
Pared
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Hi guys,

- Katie at mophie
How are people supposed to know if the Workbook 2 they are buying will be compatible? Will there be something on the box? Slightly different SKU?

B/c the one I purchased on Amazon didn't work. Will most likely return it and wait it out. But I did love the case.

I emailed support, sent them proof of purchase and have yet to hear back.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:29 PM   #10
mophiehelp
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryox View Post
Any information on a release date for the Workbook III?
Nope, sorry about that! My lips are sealed until the top guys give me an official release date. You'll hear all about it if you follow our Twitter/Facebook/email newsletter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared View Post
How are people supposed to know if the Workbook 2 they are buying will be compatible? Will there be something on the box? Slightly different SKU?

B/c the one I purchased on Amazon didn't work. Will most likely return it and wait it out. But I did love the case.

I emailed support, sent them proof of purchase and have yet to hear back.
We are working on something (most likely a sticker) that will show the compatibility with the new iPad for all the workbooks in our current inventory. If you would like to send me a PM with your contact info and the case number, I can check on that for you!

- Katie at mophie
mophiehelp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:21 PM   #11
Pared
macrumors 65816

Thanks Katie. I think you have pm's turned off, however.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:46 PM   #12
mophiehelp
macrumors newbie

Opps sorry about that. I think it's because I don't have 5 posts yet. You can send me an email over at katie at mophie dot com.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:36 AM   #13
Peanut207
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Nope, sorry about that! My lips are sealed until the top guys give me an official release date. You'll hear all about it if you follow our Twitter/Facebook/email newsletter.
Can you tell us what some of the differences will be with the Workbook III as opposed to the II? Thanks
Peanut207 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:23 PM   #14
mophiehelp
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut207 View Post
Can you tell us what some of the differences will be with the Workbook III as opposed to the II? Thanks
I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to give away any details until everything is finalized. I can tell you that it'll be 100% compatible with the new iPad and it looks awesome to boot.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:47 PM   #15
magmasilk
macrumors newbie

So the cut-outs for camera on the workbook II (i assume that is the workbook for Ipad 2) don't fit "new" Ipad? Any other fit issues?

So where should I order the workbook II if wanted to get one tested for new ipad magnets? amazon? mophie.com?

TIA
magmasilk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:27 AM   #16
alex1971
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Hi guys,

- Katie at mophie
Hi Katie, why do you lie about the sleep/wake-function? It isn't compatible with the new iPad.

Many people bought the mophie-workbook because of this Information.
alex1971 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2012, 05:24 PM   #17
3goldens
macrumors 68000

A fix for those with the Mophie Workbook!

I slit open a small incision on the inside of the Workbook inside cover after using another magnet to determine exactly the position of the magnet Mophie placed to activate the sleep wake function..

It is a very small round magnet the is glued in place, using a hobby knife, I carefully pried it loose, turned it around and put a drop of glue on the bottom and sealed the cover back up with some crazy glue.

Let it dry for a few minutes,

and presto,
working Mophie Workbook!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 12:03 PM   #18
mophiehelp
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1971 View Post
Hi Katie, why do you lie about the sleep/wake-function? It isn't compatible with the new iPad.

Many people bought the mophie-workbook because of this Information.
I just received confirmation from our CEO after our engineers tested our inventory of workbook II's that they're compatible. I wouldn't lie to you fine people. If they are not working, please let me know so I can notify our tech support and we can send you a replacement.

I've been hearing that some are not working because they are warped in places. If that's the case with yours we have a 1 year warranty on our products. Just contact tech support here: www.mophie.com/ts
Old Jul 19, 2012, 05:36 PM   #19
darkcooleo
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Workbook 3 not working with iPad 3rd gen Magnet function

Quote:
I just received confirmation from our CEO after our engineers tested our inventory of workbook II's that they're compatible. I wouldn't lie to you fine people. If they are not working, please let me know so I can notify our tech support and we can send you a replacement.

I've been hearing that some are not working because they are warped in places. If that's the case with yours we have a 1 year warranty on our products. Just contact tech support here: www.mophie.com/ts
Hi Katie, just sent you a Email, my workbook 2 does not work with my 3rd Gen iPad Magnet wake function. If you can help to get it sorted out that would be great.
darkcooleo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories