Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LushMojo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Camden, Maine
If you're ordering the BookBack from Dodocase, you might want to hold off. I just ordered one and asked if they would be making any changes due to the slightly different angles of the new iPad. Here's the response:

>Friendly Support, Mar 14 10:53 (PDT):
>Hi There,
>We will be coming out with a new BOOKback shortly. The curvature of the >sidewall is slightly different so we need to do some testing and potential >modification next week.

>Thank you,
>ilana
>DODOcase

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
If you're ordering the BookBack from Dodocase, you might want to hold off. I just ordered one and asked if they would be making any changes due to the slightly different angles of the new iPad. Here's the response:

>Friendly Support, Mar 14 10:53 (PDT):
>Hi There,
>We will be coming out with a new BOOKback shortly. The curvature of the >sidewall is slightly different so we need to do some testing and potential >modification next week.

>Thank you,
>ilana
>DODOcase

Thanks Lush..just the info I was looking for. I love the BOOKback on my iPad 2 and as that's going to my kids, I really didn't want to transfer it to my new iPad (and they transfer really well--moved it from my original iPad 2 that was replaced by Apple right in the store with no residue left behind and tons of grip for replacement on the new unit).

And on a side note--proof that MacRumors search function actually works--first post listed in my search.

LushMojo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Camden, Maine
Thanks Lush..just the info I was looking for. I love the BOOKback on my iPad 2 and as that's going to my kids, I really didn't want to transfer it to my new iPad (and they transfer really well--moved it from my original iPad 2 that was replaced by Apple right in the store with no residue left behind and tons of grip for replacement on the new unit).

And on a side note--proof that MacRumors search function actually works--first post listed in my search.

No worries. Nice to know it doesn't leave any residue behind. Was curious about that. Have a great weekend.

rantor49

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
I have a spare BookBack for iPad 2 that I put on "the new iPad". It works perfectly. Fits the larger camera hole just right and looks great. Love this product!! :D

LushMojo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Camden, Maine
I have a spare BookBack for iPad 2 that I put on "the new iPad". It works perfectly. Fits the larger camera hole just right and looks great. Love this product!! :D

Good to know. I can't imagine the changes they make will be much, if any.

LushMojo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Camden, Maine
So, just got official word from Dodocase that they're not making any changes to the iPad 2 version of the Bookback. They say (just as rantor noted above) that it works with the new iPad just fine.

TheRedOx

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2009
Chicago, IL
I got my BookBack yesterday, it does indeed fit perfectly on the new iPad. I love it, so much less bulk than the Belkin SnapShield I bought at BestBuy. This was definitely more what I was looking for - the texture is wonderful and installation was easy.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Ive always got the Zagg Leatherskins for my iPads/iPhones, but Im thinking of a change this time. Are these BookBacks somewhat thick? How do they compare to a sticker or a Leatherskin? I like how the Leatherskin is a little bit heavier than just a sticker like BestSkinsEver or something.

Do these cover the Apple logo, or are they cutout? It looks like they are not cutout, which is what I want.

Any coupon codes or other places to purchase anything to get a BookBack a little cheaper?

hypoh

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2009
I got my BookBack yesterday, it does indeed fit perfectly on the new iPad. I love it, so much less bulk than the Belkin SnapShield I bought at BestBuy. This was definitely more what I was looking for - the texture is wonderful and installation was easy.

Huh? Explain please.

TheRedOx

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2009
Chicago, IL
Huh? Explain please.

it's apples-to-oranges really as they're different types of rear protection but the BookBack doesn't wrap around the sides at all so it's very different to hold the iPad with the Belkin on it. The Belkin seems to make the iPad wider by maybe 1/4".

ttchYl.jpg

Ive always got the Zagg Leatherskins for my iPads/iPhones, but Im thinking of a change this time. Are these BookBacks somewhat thick? How do they compare to a sticker or a Leatherskin? I like how the Leatherskin is a little bit heavier than just a sticker like BestSkinsEver or something.

Do these cover the Apple logo, or are they cutout? It looks like they are not cutout, which is what I want.

Any coupon codes or other places to purchase anything to get a BookBack a little cheaper?

I've never used a BSE or Leatherskin so I don't know, sorry.
It does cover the Apple logo unfortunately.
I haven't seen any deals, got mine on Amazon through OutfitYours.com because I had the Amazon Local $10 GiftCard from last week.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I've never used a BSE or Leatherskin so I don't know, sorry.
It does cover the Apple logo unfortunately.
I haven't seen any deals, got mine on Amazon through OutfitYours.com because I had the Amazon Local $10 GiftCard from last week.

Well, I will give it a try, I just ordered one with a $2.50 discount:D thanks to:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/dodocase.com

I actually want the Apple logo covered, so thats good for me.

Thanks for the quick response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.