Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Mar 14, 2012, 03:11 PM   #1
Loci03
macrumors newbie

Ipad 3 keyboard case that works with smart cover for iPad 3

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I'm new here, but i've always been here reading the forums. Anyhow I just bought an ipad 3 and I also bought a smart cover. I kind of feel like the smart cover was a mistake. I want to also protect the back of the case but i can't with the smart cover. I like the look of the Logitech fold out keyboard because you can still use the smart cover.

any ideas for the iPad 3
Loci03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 03:41 PM   #2
cipad
macrumors member

Just bought this here: http://goincase.com/products/detail/...tation-cl57934
It works well with my iPad1 and form how it is made it should work with the smart cover without problems.
cipad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:29 AM   #3
clyde2801
macrumors 601

I've got both of the above products, and there are trade offs with each.

The origami works with all ipads, the only problems are a) it's a keyboard case, not an ipad case, and b) apple's own bt kb doesn't support all ios functions! It does do a good job of holding the ipad on your lap, and the white apple kb can be used in the dark to touch type.

The logitech was hands down my favorite on the iPad 2:

full size KB, supports all ios functions, turns itself and the ipad's bt on and off when open and closed, has an almost all month built in rechargeable battery and the fold out design is just effin' cool.

But it adds weight and bulk to the iPad, and is not as lap or typing in the dark friendly.

And, it does not provide a perfect fit for the iPad 3....it's a difficult, tight fit and make take a couple of tries. I've read it doesn't take the 3 at all...maybe the tabs on mine are stretched out with the prior use. Barely fits with ghost armor clear back, doesn't work with carbon fiber back.

If you want your ipad to be as small and light as possible, and occasionally require extensive typing, try the origami.

If you type all the time (ie, use the ipad as a halfway laptop replacement) and don't intend to take it out of the case hardly at all, you may want to take a try on the logitech fold out. Or better yet, see if you can wait for them to upgrade it to the new model.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:49 AM   #4
dsblack
macrumors newbie

Belkin makes a snap on plastic cover for the back that works with the smart cover. I have one for my iPad 2 that I really like. Doesn't really add much thickness. They're working on a version that will fit the new iPad, and includes a metal strip that will magnetically hold the smart cover in place on the back when it's open.
dsblack is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad