Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 14, 2012, 05:13 PM   #1
striker33
macrumors 65816

Clear matte skins/protector for new iPad back?

Looking for a back shield, similar to Zagg, but with a matte coating, preferably the back only, as I already have some MediaDevil screen protectors.

I've managed to find SGP Incredible matte, and the PhantomSkinz matte protectors, but both of them only allow you to buy the full body protection

I think the SGP was 18 here in the UK + delivery, and seems a bit much for a single back protector (especially if I screw up), and the phantomskinz is $32 + delivery + import duty and taxes.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:03 PM   #2
OnYourKnees
macrumors 6502

Even the zagg is only available back only on their site, right?

I got my last few zagg rear covers from ebay. They were my favorite for the iPad 2. Nice grip and good scratch protection.
OnYourKnees is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:40 PM   #3
striker33
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post

I got my last few zagg rear covers from ebay. They were my favorite for the iPad 2. Nice grip and good scratch protection.
I've never been keen on them because they feel cheap in the hands, especially the screen covers.

I'm looking for the matte ones because they'd feel a lot similar to the back aluminium.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:56 PM   #4
OnYourKnees
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker33 View Post
I've never been keen on them because they feel cheap in the hands, especially the screen covers.

I'm looking for the matte ones because they'd feel a lot similar to the back aluminium.
Do you mean before you apply them? They are unlike screen protectors as they are more rubberish than very thin plastic. I prefer that. I feel that the naked ipad is too slick as it is.
OnYourKnees is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:18 PM   #5
striker33
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Do you mean before you apply them? They are unlike screen protectors as they are more rubberish than very thin plastic. I prefer that. I feel that the naked ipad is too slick as it is.
I'm not quite sure what you are talking about
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:01 AM   #6
Digidesign
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Zagg does not sell the back piece by itself. It only comes with the full kit at $40.
Digidesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:24 AM   #7
Bootsie
macrumors 6502a

I have a phantomskinz matte back for my 4S and I love it! ( had it on my 4 as well) I am not sure if they have the iPad back, but I would check it out, and I think they are cheaper than zagg, and have a much better feel and no orange peel.
Photo Gallery
Bootsie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories