Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atarin

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2007
Chicago
I'm happy for those looking for a new Mac Pro, but now I can't obnoxiously keep refreshing the order status page to check on my iPad. LOL

nickos94

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2011
Mac Pros?

The apple store seems to be updating at the moment. What do you think they're adding? Mac Pros? Xeon E5s are out though I'm not sure what they would do video card wise. Thoughts?

StefSSU

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
London
Tech specs say “Westmere”, not Sandy Bridge. I see no new MPs in the next 2+ months.

Yeah it does seem early, unlike Apple to announce anything before it's ready to ship. On the other hand, I can't think of much else they'd have to upgrade on the store other than the MP. More likely the store is down for another reason, perhaps buckling a bit from 3rd gen iPad demand?

Santabean2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2007
No new products will be announced for at least a few weeks after the iPad ships. :mad:

Expect the Apple Store to pop back up with nothing new...:(

I hope I'm wrong.

StefSSU

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
London
No new products will be announced for at least a few weeks after the iPad ships. :mad:

Expect the Apple Store to pop back up with nothing new...:(

I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah I suspect that they wouldn't risk sparing any resources for the iPad launch.

StefSSU

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
London
Down in the UK too...Got my Shipping confirmation for ipad3 and ATV3...I think the site might be down to add accessories....I hope so, I need a rear shell.

It's actually the UK store I noticed :D

I was tempted to order the iPad online here, but the 3 weeks shipping delay stopped me. How long is your shipping quote out of curiosity?

Maccho

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2008
Australian Apple Online Store is down too. Oh this is exciting...

and then we find they are just adding new accessories :p

Fingers crossed, new mac pro :D

:apple::apple::apple:

StefSSU

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
London
Australian Apple Online Store is down too. Oh this is exciting...

and then we find they are just adding new accessories :p

Fingers crossed, new mac pro :D

I've probably set everyone up for disappointment! Remember even competitors like HP aren't yet shipping these CPU's, I doubt Apple would be ahead, especially in light of the resources they're inevitably reserving for the iPad launch.
But I don't think it'll be discontinued just yet, I'm not even in the target market but I hope Apple see's the upsides of having a workstation in their lineup.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I'm guessing it's down because 5 million iPad/apple tv fanatics are checking the status of their new toy.

Yep, they saw that one coming and to avoid the servers red-lining...Close it down..:)

My Apple Guy who took my order said that ALL the server banks were red-lined...That's a lot of hardware under severe pressure. Things will come when they come!

thisrocks

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Glad I found this thread - I submitted to MacRumors tips because I had no idea where I could discuss this, and couldn't quickly find a corresponding thread.

Here's hoping (I came across it to see if somehow, possibly, I've been upgraded in my pursuit for an iPad 3, all signs point to 23rd of March delivery though.

Maccho

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2008
I've probably set everyone up for disappointment! Remember even competitors like HP aren't yet shipping these CPU's, I doubt Apple would be ahead, especially in light of the resources they're inevitably reserving for the iPad launch.
But I don't think it'll be discontinued just yet, I'm not even in the target market but I hope Apple see's the upsides of having a workstation in their lineup.

True, not even HP have started to ship their E5 powered workstations, but its always nice to have some suspense here and there. Never know, Apple could be advertising the new Mac Pros earlier and take orders now prior shipping.

Though like you said, Apple is unlikely to be ahead and do things so early when they might not have enough stock to ship new Pros.

Only time will tell. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.