Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slumpey326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Florida
opinions, what do people think is the thinnest case out there.

Stm Skinny? Incipio? Maroo? Targus Slim? Speck?

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
Maroo is very nice, padded, protects the corners and ipad nicely and keeps the bezel clear, but it is not super thin. Sena florence is thinner but covers bezel. (i like leather so maroo and sena were my two top choices) The smart cover and a back that will hold the smart cover on like zum or a couple of others is probably thinnest protective front and back unless you go with smart cover and skin.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
gladwrap-590x354.jpg

:p

Seriously though. The Smart cover and the SGP Harmonie when it is released for the new iPad. My son has one on his iPad 2 and it is about the same thickness as my iPad 1.

Ieo

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
Check out the Yoobao executive leather...Should be updated for the new ipad any day now. The ipad 2 version technically works, but the camera hole is off-center due to the tighter fit.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Very happy with the Targus slim..got it today..... but nothing will be slimmer than a smartcover and Zum locking back -AND give you protection...

crapbag8

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2010

Laimbeersux

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2010
Going with a Smart Cover and a Marware Microshell combination. Should keep the size much smaller than some of the other options, plus a decent level of protection seeing as I will be using the ipad 95% of the time in my living room with carpeted floors and soft furniture.

Colgin

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2010
Really like this case, but wish it didn't have that darn hole in the back!!!

I picked up this case at Best Buy this morning because it was the only thing they had that I even remotely liked. Have not opened it up yet (nor the Ipad) since I am at work, but agree about the hole. Yuck.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Woah, this is uber slim, but I don't know if how comfortable I feel about that adhesive thing...

http://www.case-mate.com/The-new-iPad-Cases-iPad-3/Case-Mate-The-new-iPad-Textured-Tuxedo-Case.asp

FAQ:
How does my iPad stay attached in the case?

The Tuxedo case uses Magic Tape ™, an innovative, double-sided adhesive that doesn’t leave any residue, to hold the iPad securely in place.

Will Magic Tape ™ lose its adhesive ability?

The Magic Tape ™ can be reactivated with tape or water. Using tape, gently use the adhesive to remove dust and debris from the Magic Tape ™ to refresh stickiness. For water, gently wipe the Magic Tape ™ area with a wet tissue and let the surface air dry to refresh stickiness.

Will Magic Tape ™ leave any residue on my iPad?

Magic Tape ™ is designed to be reusable and removable.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Going "smart" : Incipio Smart Feather + Apple Smart Cover for me ....

:)

Wait a second, does the Smart Feather case only cover the back? Or does it include both the back case and the its own smart cover? Why would you buy that and the Apple Smart Cover? Can you clarify?

EDIT: Nevermind. I understand now!

Last edited:

Righteous

macrumors member
May 4, 2008
Yeah screw that casemate POS. I dont want some folding plastic that I tape my ipad to. What a joke!!!

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
It just covers the back and has space for the magnets for the Smart Cover.

Right. Thanks.

----------

Yeah screw that casemate POS. I dont want some folding plastic that I tape my ipad to. What a joke!!!

I feel the same way... but the thought of having your iPad just exist there, without holsters or anything else, is pretty novel.

Still undecided...

The FAQ claims it's secure and won't leave residue on the back of the iPad.

Here's a video review for the iPad 2 version of the Tuxedo. It's pretty reassuring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heVqCXxeBZE

Last edited:

iDvisic

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2012
I love the look of this case...at least in pics (I don't have an iPad yet). They don't seem to have it updated for the new iPad yet, though. *crosses fingers*

-->iDv.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I think I'm going to go with the Casemate Tuxedo. If anyone's curious, I'll post results whenever it arrives...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.