Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Here we go...

Attachments

• zk8eU.jpg
    zk8eU.jpg
    770.2 KB · Views: 3,953

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Here we go...

Ouch dude! I take it that's your new iPad?
What are you going to do about it?

It's 3am here in the UK, and my eyes are getting a little blurry. (I can't really tell if my screen is yellow, or it's just my sleepy vision!)

notjustgc

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Okay, I'd like to get this said while we're just a few posts in:

The yellow tint goes away when the digitizer adhesive cures.

If you still have a yellow-ish screen in a week or two, go swap it out at :apple:.

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
Okay, I'd like to get this said while we're just a few posts in:

The yellow tint goes away when the digitizer adhesive cures.

If you still have a yellow-ish screen in a week or two, go swap it out at :apple:.

Agreed, we went through this last time.

jfyrfytr25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
But according to the ifixit tear down, the screen is not fused to the digitizer. If that is the case how do we explain this.

DopeyFish

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2008
Photo originated from neogaf... Was going to post it but meh, we have all moaned for apple going from cool to warm temps... It's basically par for the course :p

And yes it is an iPad 3 and yes it is yellow. But don't know if this is just one or everyone (small sample size right now)

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 20, 2003
UT
You don't. OP admits to playing everyone.

I'm not playing anyone. That's a real photo of a new iPad, presumably from someone in Australia (where it's Friday already).

Guess we will see tomorrow when this place lights up with complaints. I hope it isn't a common defect, but that's not a photoshop. Makes you think...

dread

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
I'm more worried about backlight bleeding like i had on the iPad 2

Last edited by a moderator:

physicsguy13

Contributor
Oct 5, 2010
Huntiingon Beach, CA
I am not really surprised by the pic and I don't really care. My iPad 2 has a warmer tint and it hasn't bothered me. I received this one as a replacement because of the light bleed issue. My first iPad 2 had a cooler display which is why I noticed the difference.

My guess would be that Apple does not view this as a defect and most iPads may look just like the picture because Samsung has made all of the LCDs. If it bothers people so much I guess that they will have to live without a retina display iPad.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Do you think if I keep returning them they will eventually become blue?

Do I want blue?. I Guess I don't want yellow right? I mean, it seems the consensus is that yellow is bad right? :confused:

What color do I want? :)

SporkLover

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
Right out the box the yellow tint is there

This sort of thing doesn't bother me, but if it bother you, my new iPad has a pretty noticeable yellow tint. I noticed it as soon as I fired up Safari, and when I placed it next to my iPad 2 it became very obvious. But it also made me think the color replication on my iPad 2 might not be so spot on either....

No worries here, I'm happy with it.

Attached is a pic.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5,613

SporkLover

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
Cameras make it look worse than it actually is.

I'm sure there's truth to this, but the tint was noticeable enough right out of the box that I mentioned it to my wife and was obvious when I placed it next to my iPad 2.

LanEvo

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
NorCal
This sort of thing doesn't bother me, but if it bother you, my new iPad has a pretty noticeable yellow tint. I noticed it as soon as I fired up Safari, and when I placed it next to my iPad 2 it became very obvious. But it also made me think the color replication on my iPad 2 might not be so spot on either....

Attached is a pic.

Just looking at the pics posted, you can definitely tell a difference in the resolution tho.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010

Attached is a pic.

^^ It actually doesn't even look bad, the OP's does look more warm/yellow but like the poster above said the camera does make things look worse than they are.

I know the iPhone 4S had the same type of complaint on its release. My phone suffers from it a bit, but I'm more worried about backlight bleed assuming that's now fixed?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.