Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnydecali

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Walnut Creek, CA
So... Since the new iPad is coming out there has been a flurry of sellers on CL trying to sell their iPad 2. Since I am not an Early Adopter I was trying to debate if I should purchase a used iPad 2. Here's one for example:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ele/2904777285.html

iPad 2 white 32gb wifi - $400 (mission district)

nothin to tell you. its in good condition. I just want the upgrade!

Sounds like a good deal to me but I've never purchased or owned one so I thought it would be best to ask you the community. Also would Apple honor the warranty on it, if the warranty hasn't expired?

Thanks!

danielxute

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2011
Like 3 days ago some company was selling brand new ipad 2 32gb's for 399.99 shipped on ebay.

The Catalyst

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2009
Actually, right now's a perfect time to get a iPad2 if you don't need(want?) a retina display. Prices have plummeted in the iPad2 market, mainly because Apple decided to keep selling new units (and knock $100 bucks off MSRP).

Warranty is tied to the serial# and is fully transferable to the new owner.

johnydecali

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Walnut Creek, CA
Actually, right now's a perfect time to get a iPad2 if you don't need(want?) a retina display. Prices have plummeted in the iPad2 market, mainly because Apple decided to keep selling new units (and knock $100 bucks off MSRP).

Warranty is tied to the serial# and is fully transferable to the new owner.

I may just be ignorant but I could live without the retina display :eek:.

Good to know that the warranty is fully transferable. Thanks! :D

batotman

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Could get a refurb for $50 more with full 1 year warranty instead of someone's year old toilet reading material. I'm just saying....

d0vr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
It's a good time to buy an iPad 2, and no you aren't missing out on much. But make sure you aren't paying the same price you could pay to get a new one (aim for as close to $300 as possible).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.