Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daleski75

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Northampton, UK
Want to get a gelaskin for my new iPad 3 but cannot find anywhere which states if they fit 100% or not so looking here for hopefully some answers.

The only thing I can think of which could be different is the cut out for the camera?

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
I emailed Gelaskins and they responded that the skin wouldn't fit. They did release revised skins though. I'm guessing that the 0.02" difference changes all of the cutouts for the controls, camera, etc. The skin is so precise.

wtrswoopes

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
They do fit. Last night I was able to reapply the same GelaSkins I had been using on my iPad 2 for a year. I'm surprised how secure it sticks considering it had been used once already. Except for the speaker corner that stretched a bit during removal, its perfect.

jamie_gelaskins

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2010
Toronto
Hi guys, Drew here from GelaSkins. The old skins for iPad 2 will fit on the new iPad, but the camera cutout will be just a little bit too small. You could always trim with a razor or something if you want.

The updated skins we're selling fit both the 2 and the new iPad perfectly.

Happy skinning!
GS

daleski75

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Northampton, UK
Brought a gelaskin designed for the iPad 2 and pretty much it fits very well and makes it nicer to hold as I found it rather slippy when holding it before.

In 6 months or so depending on how this one goes I might just get one designed for the iPad 3 instead.

One question though is there anyway to design the template so you can remove the sim without pealing back the cover? Or is the pin size hole too small to cut out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.