Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:24 AM   #1
lsegev
macrumors newbie

UITabBarController delegate with storyboard

Hi developer's, i need help please,
I know that if i have rootViewController that start with tabBar i can create UITabBar like this:
Code:
UITabBarController *tabController = (UITabBarController *)self.window.rootViewController; 
tabController.selectedIndex = [defaults integerForKey:kOptionLastTabSelectedKey]; 
tabController.delegate = self;
But my problems is:
First, how can i create tabBar if the tabBar is not my rootView? my app start with login that is simple viewController, and after login the tabBar will appear.
Second, where should i create the tab bar, in appDelegate or some else?

Thank's!!!
lsegev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:46 AM   #2
dejo

According to Apple:
Quote:
When deploying a tab bar interface, you must install this view as the root of your window. Unlike other view controllers, a tab bar interface should never be installed as a child of another view controller.
So, how to do a login view that appears before the tab view? I've had success by making the tab view the root view and then presenting the login view modally.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming