Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:05 AM   #1
speciess
macrumors newbie

Angry Imac 17" core duo problem

Hi there,I am a humble and new user here with a big problem with that machine.
recently i bought an imac 17 core duo with display problem.The mac was functioning and i can hear the chime sound.I tried to change the display but unfortunately the display have a short circuit and after change it the mac wont start and the fans runs at full speed.i disconect the display and he start good.i verified the inverter and all seems to be good.after that i tried to start it with the display connected and do the same.no sound,fans at full speed.now do the same with or without display wont start.anybody can help me with a sugestion?

Thanks
speciess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:13 AM   #2
leman
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by speciess View Post
Hi there,I am a humble and new user here with a big problem with that machine.
recently i bought an imac 17 core duo with display problem.The mac was functioning and i can hear the chime sound.I tried to change the display but unfortunately the display have a short circuit and after change it the mac wont start and the fans runs at full speed.i disconect the display and he start good.i verified the inverter and all seems to be good.after that i tried to start it with the display connected and do the same.no sound,fans at full speed.now do the same with or without display wont start.anybody can help me with a sugestion?

Thanks
Honest suggestion: get yourself a new one. Trying to repair your iMac will probably cost more. You can sell it for spare parts (you should still be able to get a few hundred out of it) and a refurb 21" iMac costs around 1000 and it is much faster than your 17" model.
leman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:26 AM   #3
speciess
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leman View Post
Honest suggestion: get yourself a new one. Trying to repair your iMac will probably cost more. You can sell it for spare parts (you should still be able to get a few hundred out of it) and a refurb 21" iMac costs around 1000 and it is much faster than your 17" model.

Thank you But is not a option.Have a good day
speciess is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac