Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speciess

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Hi there,I am a humble and new user here with a big problem with that machine.
recently i bought an imac 17 core duo with display problem.The mac was functioning and i can hear the chime sound.I tried to change the display but unfortunately the display have a short circuit and after change it the mac wont start and the fans runs at full speed.i disconect the display and he start good.i verified the inverter and all seems to be good.after that i tried to start it with the display connected and do the same.no sound,fans at full speed.now do the same with or without display wont start.anybody can help me with a sugestion?

Thanks

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Hi there,I am a humble and new user here with a big problem with that machine.
recently i bought an imac 17 core duo with display problem.The mac was functioning and i can hear the chime sound.I tried to change the display but unfortunately the display have a short circuit and after change it the mac wont start and the fans runs at full speed.i disconect the display and he start good.i verified the inverter and all seems to be good.after that i tried to start it with the display connected and do the same.no sound,fans at full speed.now do the same with or without display wont start.anybody can help me with a sugestion?

Thanks

Honest suggestion: get yourself a new one. Trying to repair your iMac will probably cost more. You can sell it for spare parts (you should still be able to get a few hundred out of it) and a refurb 21" iMac costs around 1000 and it is much faster than your 17" model.

speciess

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Honest suggestion: get yourself a new one. Trying to repair your iMac will probably cost more. You can sell it for spare parts (you should still be able to get a few hundred out of it) and a refurb 21" iMac costs around 1000 and it is much faster than your 17" model.

Thank you But is not a option.Have a good day

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.