Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ks-man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
12:53pm local time with supposed delivery by 3pm. La-dee-da.

Who else is still sitting around anxiously awaiting the doorbell?

qCzar

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
SFBA, CA
It's garbage day here, so it was rather disheartening to lookout the window and see a Garbage Truck :( They seem to have finished in my neighborhood so the next heavy truck that I hear should hopefully be for me, and any neighbors that have pre-ordered as well, of course :)

Geekulous

macrumors member
May 31, 2010
Southern California
Me too! It's 10:54am in my neck of the woods, delivery should arrive "before 3 pm". What's worse is I've already seen a UPS truck and one FedEx truck drive by my apartments, pure torture! :eek:

:apple:

ks-man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Would it be wrong for us to sit on the front porch drinking a beer?

At least there is NCAA b-ball to pass the time.

sirpots

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Nebraska
ditto, have spring break next week but rushed home today cause our Fedex guy is usually here by 9 in the morning. Looks like I could have slept in :(

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Still waiting too, almost 11am. Still says arrives by 3pm so we'll see. I about lost it when I heard the UPS truck stop at a neighbor's house. C'mon, Fedex. :(

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
Waiting on FedEx, but it's just before 11am. I can't complain at all. I did a final backup of my original iPad, so I will be ready to sync.

If I have backlight bleed though, it will be going back to FedEx.

I usually get any FedEx package shortly before Noon, but considering it's iPad day, I have a feeling I might be waiting until this evening.

wbeem

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
I'm usually one to roll with things, but my delivery time status was changed to 11:58pm today. I called Fedex and they say Apple allowed them to push it back to 8:00pm. It could still arrive earlier and I know my iPad is on the truck, but this bothers me.

Why? Because they changed the rules on game day. I made plans based upon the information provided, and now they tossed out a new parameter. It's not life-ending, but it's annoying. Very annoying.

A friend who lives a few miles from me received his iPads about an hour ago. I'm still here without a clue as to when mine will arrive.

Bad Apple. Bad Fedex. Learn to plan and live up to your commitments. If you scheduled it to arrive before 3:00, then deliver before 3:00.

mszpara

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
I'm still waiting. My FedEx page doesn't even show a "delivery by" date anymore, ever since the initial one of March 12th, 2012 was removed.

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
It's garbage day here, so it was rather disheartening to lookout the window and see a Garbage Truck :( They seem to have finished in my neighborhood so the next heavy truck that I hear should hopefully be for me, and any neighbors that have pre-ordered as well, of course :)

I got faked out by the engine of the recycling truck. Seriously? No one recycles out here because you only come by once a month and you decide to make your trip today?

12:58PM

JeffLebowski41

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
Bad Apple. Bad Fedex. Learn to plan and live up to your commitments. If you scheduled it to arrive before 3:00, then deliver before 3:00.

or perhaps apple should have been less anal and let them start delivering yesterday to lower the load on fed ex. hard as it is to believe, they have other things to deliver today besides ipads.

zpilot

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
I just got mine delivered. Lady told me she's been doing iPad deliveries all day long and nothing else.

AriaAmante

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
Our UPS guy showed up at like 10:30 this morning and I said "Hey! You're not my iPad!"

Still waiting at my office, 1:02 PM. It still says it will be here by 3, so I'm patiently waiting.

ks-man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
The sad part for me is my daughter gets home from pre-school soon. It would have been nice for the new iPad to be mine for at least an hour or two. Now when it comes and gets setup it will go directly to her. I can try and pawn off the original on her but she'll quickly see there is something new and different and she's going to want that "hi-pad"

Damn FedEx....

wbeem

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
or perhaps apple should have been less anal and let them start delivering yesterday to lower the load on fed ex. hard as it is to believe, they have other things to deliver today besides ipads.

Of course they do, but that's not my point. The shipping numbers were known almost a week in advance. Why wait until delivery day to change the schedule?

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
I'm ready! Backed up my 2, updated all the apps on iTunes (60!), grabbed Real Racing 2 HD for $2.99 for some 2048x1536 eye candy. Yeah been ready since 10 this morning.

48 minutes to go before Fedex misses my delivery "deadline" :( Could have gone and picked up the Apple TV, but of course if I did that I would have missed the delivery :rolleyes: It really is too bad the system didn't allow me to preorder for instore pickup which is what I really wanted to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.