Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:57 PM   #1
BornToMac
macrumors 6502a

Anyone else buying new headphones?

I'm expecting my first iPad today and will be buying a new set of headphones to go with it. What do you guys use?

P.S. I'm looking at Klipsch S4i , Beats UrBeats, and Soul sl99, so any experiences with those is much appreciated.
BornToMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:00 PM   #2
Sdevante
macrumors 6502

I had the Beats in-ears a while back and switched to Klipsch S4i and the quality difference is amazing. Can't go wrong with the Klipsch.
Sdevante is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:33 PM   #3
jbrady3324
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToMac View Post
I'm expecting my first iPad today and will be buying a new set of headphones to go with it. What do you guys use?

P.S. I'm looking at Klipsch S4i , Beats UrBeats, and Soul sl99, so any experiences with those is much appreciated.
go to head-fi.com forums for advice. But I can tell you off the bat, do not buy the beats. Overpriced, and are not very good. The Souls are good as are the Klipsch but you can find better at those price ranges.

Do you have a price range? Music preference? I can help
jbrady3324 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:43 PM   #4
richpjr
macrumors 68000

Quote:

If you live near a Frys, they have the S4i on sale today for $49.99.
richpjr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:44 PM   #5
phillyred79
macrumors regular

I use these Insignia Bluetooth Headphones that I bought from Best Buy a couple years ago: http://www.overstock.com/Electronics...6/product.html

They work great for me on my laptop, iPad, PS3 etc.. I like the traditional non-in-ear headphones.
phillyred79 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:45 PM   #6
BornToMac
macrumors 6502a

My price range is right around $100 and I'm looking for in-ear. I like all types of music including hip-hop. Good low end is important, but it needs to be balanced with the mids and highs.

I'd also prefer the inline mic and ipod controls.

Thanks for your help!
BornToMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:54 PM   #7
jbrady3324
macrumors regular

Quote:
My price range is right around $100 and I'm looking for in-ear. I like all types of music including hip-hop. Good low end is important, but it needs to be balanced with the mids and highs.

I'd also prefer the inline mic and ipod controls.

Thanks for your help!
Based on the ones you listed, I would go for the Souls. Good lows and good balance overall for that price. If you want to spend ~$40-$50 more, I would suggest looking for Monster Turbines. The Turbine Pros have been as low as $150 on amazon before. The non-pro models are great too, but if you can get the pros, go for the Gold model (they have better bass than the coppers).

One-Call.com and jr.com are great to purchase from. One-call has name your price which they usually honor if reasonable. JR.com will also negotiate with you if you call into their sales department.

The turbines and souls are highly regarded on head-fi.com.
jbrady3324 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:39 PM   #8
Mako5
macrumors regular

Klipsch S4i

Ordered them and they came the same day as the iPad. I like them and I am pretty picky on my headphones. They replaced my Dr. Dre Beats and are my "beater" phones to my Etymotic 4Ps
Mako5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:01 PM   #9
sick z33
macrumors 6502

I got the 500vi's and love them. My s4i's started falling about after 2 months.
sick z33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:43 PM   #10
SlvrSrfr
macrumors member

My Fry's only has the Klipsch S4A's (for Android) on sale at $49.99 and not the S4i's. However, Amazon has the S4i's on sale for $69.99 right now. If you are looking for the inline iTunes controls, someone in another thread also mentioned the SoundMAGIC E10M which have gotten very good reviews. The E10M's are not available in the U.S. yet, but I did read that they could be available by the end of the month, for around $44.95. I'm interested in the S4i's as well as the E10M's for an everyday beater pair on IEM's.
SlvrSrfr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:00 PM   #11
Identity Fraud
macrumors 6502

I'm looking for a decent bluetooth headphone. Last thing I want is to yank my iPad off a table or something by having a wire running from the device to my ear (have done that with my 360 controller too many times)
Identity Fraud is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories