Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:12 PM   #1
ReallyBigFeet
macrumors 68030

Confirmed: Incase Mag Snap doesn't fit new iPad

I had a couple of these from the last crop of iPad 2's we issued to the sales team. I tried one on and it will fit if you really force it but pops right back off the moment you lay it down. Actually snapped one of the corners off of the old back case when testing it.

This is as I expected. If your old case was slightly oversized or not completely form fitting on the iPad 2, it may work just fine. Likewise, folios and such should have enough stretch/give that it's not going to be an issue. I am going to use an older Yoobao Executive folio until Incase comes up with a new Mag Snap or someone else makes something similar.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:44 PM   #2
jmantn
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReallyBigFeet View Post
I had a couple of these from the last crop of iPad 2's we issued to the sales team. I tried one on and it will fit if you really force it but pops right back off the moment you lay it down. Actually snapped one of the corners off of the old back case when testing it.

This is as I expected. If your old case was slightly oversized or not completely form fitting on the iPad 2, it may work just fine. Likewise, folios and such should have enough stretch/give that it's not going to be an issue. I am going to use an older Yoobao Executive folio until Incase comes up with a new Mag Snap or someone else makes something similar.
Thanks for the info this was one of the cases I've been looking at and while I don't like how they left the top and bottom so exposed I'm hoping the newest one has some slight modifications (almost bought one at best buy today).
jmantn is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:33 AM   #3
soco
macrumors Demi-God

Any word from Incase on this yet? I'm holding out on buying anything until they come out with a new Mag Snap.
soco is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories