Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazzmanmonty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
like many of you, i'm off today and am waiting for fedex to deliver my two ipads. Been staring out the window since morning, two trucks drove by and none stopped here. i have the presigned papers hanging on the door also in case i miss the door bell.

2:40pm fedex app on my phone gives me notification as delivered at 2:35pm. i rush to the door, no packages! no trucks drove by at that time, nobody stopped.

I call fedex. they say they were delivered and someone signed for them! well nobody here did! they said they'd contact driver, and call me back.

They called back and said driver left a door tag. WHAT!? THERE IS NO DOOR TAG ON THE DOOR! AND WHY WOULD HE LEAVE A DOOR TAG THAT HE ATTEMPTED DELIVERY IF THERE ARE TWO PRESIGNED LETTERS TAPED TO THE DOOR, AND THEN GO AHEAD AND MARK THE PACKAGES AS DELIVERED?!?! SO NO DOOR TAG, NO PACKAGES HERE, AND MARKED AS DELIVERED!

FEDEX called me back again, and said the driver attempted delivery and will try again later and states that he did leave a door tag. again, NO DOOR TAG, NOBODY FROM FEDEX SET FOOT HERE, PACKAGE MARKED AS DELIVERED!

FML IF SOMETHING HAPPENED TO THESE PACKAGES I'M SUING FEDEX OR THEY ARE PAYING FOR BOTH IPADS IN FULL!

THIS IS ALL VERY FISH! SO BE CAREFUL GUYS!

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
Calm down please.

I'm sure that FedEx will sort this all out and you will have your iPad by the end of the weekend.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
You pre-signed for delivery? That's a risky move. Basically, you sign away the responsibility that both FEDEX *and* Apple have if your package goes missing. Why would you do that if you were home waiting?

However, its a good sign that they are attempting "redelivery". It may be the FEDEX driver simply skipped your stop.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Nice story but nothing you can do to FedEx.

Try to relax and be happy that mine got delivered!:p

bill-p

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2011
Calm down. Relax. Take some deep breaths, and I think you are ready to give them another call.

Personally, my tracking doesn't even say "on delivery", and it's 1PM already. Delivery estimate by 3PM. I bet mine will show "Delivery Exception" any minute.

jp700p

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010

I hate it when someone comes on here and posts "relax" or in this case, "breathe".

The op is very pissed and I would be also. The op probably works hard for his money and when he forks over his hard earned money, he expects it to at least arrive to his house.

Asking him to "breathe" is such a troll and a waste of a post.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
I hate it when someone comes on here and posts "relax" or in this case, "breathe".

The op is very pissed and I would be also. The op probably works hard for his money and when he forks over his hard earned money, he expects it to at least arrive to his house.

Asking him to "breathe" is such a troll and a waste of a post.

maybe you should take a breath too.

astral125

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
Yeah that sucks, but no one is boycotting Fedex over this. Take the caps lock off. I am sorry for what happened, I would be pissed too.

FearlessFreep

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Northern Virginia, USA
Chill out - mine hasn't arrived yet either, but I'm not blaming Fedex. I get a lot of stuff shipped tothe house and 99% of the time they're great.

Fedex is still the most reliable shipper out there.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Been there before. Stop wasting time here and call Apple. That is the best way to solve your issue. If it's still unresolved after that call your CC company and file a complaint. They will temporarily reverse the charge.

meechy

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
Yeah, just because you had a problem with fedex, you want everyone to boycott them. Grow up

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Try to relax and be happy that mine got delivered!:p

LOL. Funny.

@jazzmanmonty: I feel for you, but it'll get sorted out. It's a tech gadget not a heart transplant, if you end up waiting a couple days life will go on. No, mine haven't delivered yet either.

jazzmanmonty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
The problem is that they show as DELIVERED and signed for by some weird name, and so they were delivered to the wrong house?! but then they tell me that the driver left a note on the door that he was here and that he's gonna reattempt delivery? reattempt a delivery that someone else signed for and was delivered...right.

scriptlol

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
The fact that the fedex worker told you on the phone that he attempted delivery and left a tag means it is NOT closed out in their system. If the driver were to take the presigned delivery slips and steal the ipads for himself, it would be all closed out in the system. You will get it.

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
You won't or can't sue anybody. If you presigned for them, its right there on the paper stating that apple or FedEx are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Case closed.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
Seems like people like to repeat "calm down" and such things here. :rolleyes:

OP, even FedEx makes errors. Situations like this can happen. You have already called them by phone, so stop worrying, your new toys will be delivered in the next few days if not tomorrow.

scriptlol

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
The problem is that they show as DELIVERED and signed for by some weird name, and so they were delivered to the wrong house?! but then they tell me that the driver left a note on the door that he was here and that he's gonna reattempt delivery? reattempt a delivery that someone else signed for and was delivered...right.

Its probably just such a high volume day that they had to come up with some internal workaround to keep their systems in check. Perhaps they are just marking them as delivered for the time being so they don't build up an unprecedented backlog of undelivered items.

bwrairen

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
You pre-signed for delivery? That's a risky move. Basically, you sign away the responsibility that both FEDEX *and* Apple have if your package goes missing. Why would you do that if you were home waiting?

However, its a good sign that they are attempting "redelivery". It may be the FEDEX driver simply skipped your stop.

If they didn't take the sheets that he signed off of the door, they have no proof that he pre-signed. He's safe.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
like many of you, i'm off today and am waiting for fedex to deliver my two ipads. Been staring out the window since morning, two trucks drove by and none stopped here. i have the presigned papers hanging on the door also in case i miss the door bell.

2:40pm fedex app on my phone gives me notification as delivered at 2:35pm. i rush to the door, no packages! no trucks drove by at that time, nobody stopped.

I call fedex. they say they were delivered and someone signed for them! well nobody here did! they said they'd contact driver, and call me back.

They called back and said driver left a door tag. WHAT!? THERE IS NO DOOR TAG ON THE DOOR! AND WHY WOULD HE LEAVE A DOOR TAG THAT HE ATTEMPTED DELIVERY IF THERE ARE TWO PRESIGNED LETTERS TAPED TO THE DOOR, AND THEN GO AHEAD AND MARK THE PACKAGES AS DELIVERED?!?! SO NO DOOR TAG, NO PACKAGES HERE, AND MARKED AS DELIVERED!

FEDEX called me back again, and said the driver attempted delivery and will try again later and states that he did leave a door tag. again, NO DOOR TAG, NOBODY FROM FEDEX SET FOOT HERE, PACKAGE MARKED AS DELIVERED!

FML IF SOMETHING HAPPENED TO THESE PACKAGES I'M SUING FEDEX OR THEY ARE PAYING FOR BOTH IPADS IN FULL!

THIS IS ALL VERY FISH! SO BE CAREFUL GUYS!
Why the hell did you put pre sign forms on your door? Thats stupid. Especially as you admit to counting how many fed ex vans passed your house. You basically told the driver that you were not in, when you were? Whats the logic?
PS I'm not gonna boycott FedEx because pf this.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
don't tell the guy to relax. thats bs. he took the day off to wait for fedex all day. he knows for a fact the guy never stopped at his house and he marks it as delivered? this is a USPS move when they are too busy its bs. My fedex guy said he was delivering a TON today when he delivered mine I can almost guarantee the driver for this guy was overwhelmed with all the packages and started marking some delivered to cut corners.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.