Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MSampson

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
Has anyone updated their kindle app on a new ipad and successfully gotten to their full archived library?
I'm on the phone with kindle support as only 1 book out of over 80 has shown up. She can't figure it out. I see them all on my old ipad1 and was successfully able to email 4 documents to the new ipad. But most of my library is awol.

Has anyone had this work or is it a bug in their update?

MSampson

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
looks like I will have to go in and manually choose send to my ipad3 from my amazon website digital library.

ninaco

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2012
VA
I've got dozens of Kindle books, and they're all available via the Kindle app. I've only downloaded one, and it went fine.

Keeval

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2008
U.K.
Yes, I had the same issue. I had to log onto the amazon website and manage my kindle purchases. I then just told it to sent the books to my iPad. That fixed it.

fredw1

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
Cincinnati
How to Automatically Get Books

Yes, I had the same issue. I had to log onto the amazon website and manage my kindle purchases. I then just told it to sent the books to my iPad. That fixed it.

I can't seem to find a way to get all my books from the Cloud except by downloading each one. Is ther an easier way?

JonLa

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
This happened to my Dad (i'm his tech support) - what it's done is register the kindle app as a new ipad with a new delivery email address - you'll need to go into Manage my Kindle on the website to remove the old ipad listing and then amend the kindle email address and settings to make it send stuff to the right device.

Irritating!

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
I saw the Kindle app update, but it stated to NOT download it because of a bug which caused all the content to disappear. Supposedly fixed with version 3.6.2.

It's my custom to never update any app without first going to the app store to read the most recent reviews after an update is issued. That's saved me a lot of grief.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.