Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 16, 2012, 04:57 PM   #1
iPegboy
macrumors regular

Updated apps won't load

I have an iPad 2 and noticed three apps needed an update this afternoon. No problem, hit update all. They go to "Waiting" status, but none of them start to load. And they are not updating at all.

I waited for a while, thinking the servers might be jammed or something. Still nothing. Turned off the iPad (all the way, shut it down) and started it back up.. still nothing.

Any thoughts?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:30 PM   #2
bat717
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPegboy View Post
I have an iPad 2 and noticed three apps needed an update this afternoon. No problem, hit update all. They go to "Waiting" status, but none of them start to load. And they are not updating at all.

I waited for a while, thinking the servers might be jammed or something. Still nothing. Turned off the iPad (all the way, shut it down) and started it back up.. still nothing.

Any thoughts?
I'm getting this too. Also got an iBook that won't download. Very odd. Hope someone knows what's going on!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:45 PM   #3
iPegboy
macrumors regular

Well at least I'm not alone. Servers must be crunched.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:54 AM   #4
farleysmaster
macrumors 6502a

Same problem on the iphone... the apps download fine in iTunes, though.
farleysmaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:44 PM   #5
William Gates
macrumors regular

Same problem here on new iPad. Having to side load through iTunes. Very aggravating.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:18 PM   #6
Aaron1021
macrumors member

I am also having this problem on the iPhone 4. Jailbroken on 5.0.1, but I don't think the jailbreak is the cause of it.

Yesterday, I tried to update 3 apps using the Update All button. Then after about 20 minutes of doing nothing, I reset the phone. After it came back on, the iPhone went into a continuous loop of rebooting every few minutes. After this went on for about an hour, I decided to try to download all the updates through iTunes and try syncing to see if that would work. It took about 5 tries, but it finally worked and my phone went back to normal with the apps being updated.

Never had this problem until just recently, I haven't downloaded any new apps or tweaks. It's kind of a relief to know that I'm not the only one having problems updating apps...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting