Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenterainbow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2009
My son picked me up the new ipad 64 gb wifi from his job and brought it by this morning. I was relucent to open it because I wanted a the 64gb 4g model he says they did not get any 4g models in stock. I also have placed my order with apple for a 4g model which is scheduled to arrive about the 20th. I was going to cancel my order from apple but now I'm think I might need to keep this as an option. I have upgraded ever year to a 64 gb carrier model from the ipad to the ipad2 and now the new ipad. Ultimately, I decided that since my son got an employee discount it would be more econimically reasonable for him to purchase the unit from his job. When I opened 64 gb wifi unit I noticed the yellow tint right away I then compared it to my ipad 2 screen. There is definetly a noticable diffrence in my new iPad and iPad2 screens. Also since I have used it throughout the day I have noticed that MY NEW IPAD IS RUNNING QUITE WARM is anyone else experience there new ipad is running much warmer either with or without the yellow tint problem.

kenterainbow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2009
F/u to running warm and yellow tint

After letting my iPad sit unused for a while I noticed that the yellow tint concern decreases and/or disappears as the iPad cools off.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
There have been various reports here of the new iPad running hot...All I can say is that I used mine all day yesterday and it never got warm...I would return the product....No yellow tint on my screen either...It's new, it's a no-brainer, get it switched out.

Pigumon

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2004
When you say yellow tint, is it as if there's a translucent yellow plastic over the whole thing, or just that the backlight is warmer in color than your current ipad?

I noticed mine is slightly more purple than my ipad 2, which is just the difference in backlights. I wish mine was more yellow, the backlights are too blue in general!

I remember reading when the first iPad came out, there were distinctly yellow screens, it was that the glue was still not completely cured, because they had been manufactured and sent out so quickly. It's not a defect or a problem, as soon as the glue cures, the color disappears.

(I did notice my iPad is running warm though!)

dekka007

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2009
There have been various reports here of the new iPad running hot...All I can say is that I used mine all day yesterday and it never got warm

So are we saying those that are effected by the yellow screen also have their iPad getting warm at the back - therefore the yellow is caused by the heat?

Are there any users with a non yellow screen and cool iPad or indeed a iPad with a non yellow screen and warm iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.