Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reminis16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
I have a Macbook pro Unibody 15" that I need install a 750gb Hard drive I purchased. Only thing is this computer has bootcamp with Snow Leopard and Windows 7. Whats the easiest way to do this without having to reinstall bootcamp again?

thanks

aldejesus

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
PR
I have a Macbook pro Unibody 15" that I need install a 750gb Hard drive I purchased. Only thing is this computer has bootcamp with Snow Leopard and Windows 7. Whats the easiest way to do this without having to reinstall bootcamp again?

thanks

If I'm not wrong, you can use Carbon Copy to clone your entire hard-drive.(Including bootcamp partition)
You can download it here: http://www.bombich.com

shootist

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2011
There is NO Easy Way. All the Mac cloning software programs only do the OS X partition and they only do one at a time. So if you have 2 versions of OS X installed you would need to run the cloning software twice.

There is a program to kmake a copy of the Windows partition. I think it is called WinClone, but don't quote me on that.

I have never used it as I run Windows in a VM as I don't care for Dual Boot systems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.