Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SellYourMacBook

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
Hi everybody,

Im curious and it's fun to know what was the first website you visit once getting your new iPad????

Was it the Macrumors forum???

Let's all try to be honest here :)

I'll go first!! I visited the macrumors iPad forum lol

Who's next???

jonnydowe

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2011
Twtd.co.uk fan site for my local football (soccer bloody Americans) team. Just to see all the sexy text and I loved it

falcora

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2011
I think it was macrumors. iCloud backup preserves your open tabs, and i had a few forums pages from macrumors open at the time.

jonnydowe

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2011
Love that part.

How can they call football soccer?

Incredible...

Very cheeky isn't it? Considering they're the only country in the world to say soccer. Aren't they creative enough to think of a different name to give American "football"

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
My own, followed shortly after with this sub-forum. :D

----------

mclaren.com

1-2 baby!
Yeah!
Great to see Red Bull and Ferrari struggling! :D

----------

Very cheeky isn't it? Considering they're the only country in the world to say soccer. Aren't they creative enough to think of a different name to give American "football"
The 'football' bit comes from rugby, which American Football is a derivative of.
What do you think the 'F' in RFU stands for? ;)

lewy

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2010
And in their football everyone uses hands more often than feet.

I'm also European ;).

qtx43

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2007
Twtd.co.uk fan site for my local football (soccer bloody Americans) team. Just to see all the sexy text and I loved it

Don't blame us you're the ones (in England) who named it soccer after association football. Football should really mean rugby you know, but somehow you usurped the name. I don't know how you can get away with calling a pansy sport like soccer football ... just kidding :)

The back on topic, MacRumors of course! I had to see what everyone else thought of the new iPad.

And voice dictation got MacRumors right with capitalization and everything. Apple must love MacRumors!

quinn222

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2011
I set mine up using restore and it transferred all my settings from my iPad 2 so it was whatever I was last looking at on that one. I think it was actually FedEx from tracking the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.