Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kaybay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
My new iPad intermittently has trouble accessing the iTunes/app store. It is on wi-fi and absolutely has internet connectivity. I have tried resetting the iPad, which doesn't help. I've tried logging out and logging back in with my apple ID, which sometimes temporarily helps. It seems I go through random periods (which happen more often than not) where I cannot download from the app store. I initiate a download and then get a message "cannot connect to iTunes store".

Anyone have any ideas what is going wrong? I am on my home wi-fi.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
I was having the same issue. My iPad would not connect to the iTunes store and when did the aps were taking forever to start the download I ended up restoring the device and it seems like it's gotten better although I'm still having issues going to exchange next week if this keeps happening

kasu

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2012
Did any of you find the fix for this issue please? I seem to have this issue with my ipad 3. I cannot seem to get 'Updates' of app store to work!

Any hints are much appreciated.

dchao

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
Did any of you find the fix for this issue please? I seem to have this issue with my ipad 3. I cannot seem to get 'Updates' of app store to work!

Any hints are much appreciated.

Wait a few hours and then try again, the problem is likely to be at the server end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.