Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Halvard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
I quitted Launchd from the activity program, and now when I turn on my mac everything that shows up is just my desktop background and the mouse pointer. No dock or menubar or anything else...

What do to?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Have you tried any of these steps?

PS: "launchd" is a very, very important process and shouldn't be shut down that easily.
It is the first process after the "kerneltask" process, and all other applications depend on it:
2012_03_17_pB1_launchdreally.png

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
I quitted Launchd from the activity program, and now when I turn on my mac everything that shows up is just my desktop background and the mouse pointer. No dock or menubar or anything else...

What do to?

Going into activity monitor or finder and deleting stuff when you don't know what it's for is a good way to make an awful mess. It's quite common for people to see files in the system area, think they are not needed, delete them, then find the system won't boot. Killing processes via activity monitor also leads to strange things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.