Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jschlis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Are generic wall chargers such as Rocket Fish and or Belkin OK to use with ipones and ipads. They advertise more power than the Apple products. Need to get 2 extra chargers for 2 work places, not sure if these will eventually harm the battery after a period of time.

Last edited:

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
I would say go to their website and be sure they "support" ipad's. I know for a fact with the iPad that if its not directly connected to the computer or using a Apple charger it won't charge. I put mine on my USB hub and won't charge but my iphone will. I've also used a third party usb plug charger and wouldn't charge my ipad but would charge my iphone.

So big name accessory companies if their website states it'll support ipad then i think you should be good. I also suggest if the plugs you are looking at are on amazon and read up on the reviews. A lot of good product reviews on there if you're unsure of a product.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Are generic wall chargers such as Rocket Fish and or Belkin OK to use with ipones and ipads. They advertise more power than the Apple products. Need to get 2 extra chargers for 2 work places, not sure if these will eventually harm the battery after a period of time.

i love this Targus charger I got at Best Buy, charges my iPhone and iPad at the same time. Always worked great with my iPad 2.

eaad9a65.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.