Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:41 PM   #1
Cutwolf
macrumors 6502

"Professional" iPad 3 case

I have the Sena Florence case right now. Since the smart cover function doesn't work, I'm going to be in the market for a new case.

I love the look of the Sena. I also love the Piel Frama look. Those should give you an idea of the style I'm looking for.

With one exception: I'd like a case similar to one of those that doesn't cover the iPad bezel.

It needs to stand stand stably in landscape, be comfortable in typing. Portrait stand ability would be a huge plus.

Thanks for the suggestions.

(even if a suggested case's smart function isn't currently working, please post it anyway so I can wait for their next iteration)
Cutwolf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:01 PM   #2
Cutwolf
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutwolf View Post
I have the Sena Florence case right now. Since the smart cover function doesn't work, I'm going to be in the market for a new case.

I love the look of the Sena. I also love the Piel Frama look. Those should give you an idea of the style I'm looking for.

With one exception: I'd like a case similar to one of those that doesn't cover the iPad bezel.

It needs to stand stand stably in landscape, be comfortable in typing. Portrait stand ability would be a huge plus.

(even if a suggested case's smart function isn't currently working, please post it anyway so I can wait for their next iteration)
That is a fantastic question! Boy, you sure are intelligent. I hope someone answers this amazing question!
Cutwolf is offline   -13 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:27 PM   #3
IvanX
macrumors regular

Did you quote and praised yourself?
IvanX is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:32 PM   #4
emgoodman
macrumors regular

I think you may like one from the Maroo leather series. Professional folio with nice leather - even the lower end model. The bumper system only covers the corners. I agree - wish more companies (talking to you Piel Frama) would make cases that didn't cover the bezel.
emgoodman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:36 PM   #5
SLOWBRA
macrumors newbie

I agree on the Maroo cases. It's very professional looking.
SLOWBRA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Cutwolf
macrumors 6502

Do the Maroos work with the new iPad smart on/ off?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:55 PM   #7
brand
macrumors 68040

Quote:
That is a fantastic question! Boy, you sure are intelligent. I hope someone answers this amazing question!
Except the you never asked a question. It was a statement of what you were looking for.
brand is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:57 PM   #8
Cutwolf
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by brand View Post
Except the you never asked a question. It was a statement of what you were looking for.
Touché.
Cutwolf is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:32 PM   #9
cinca
macrumors regular

Quote:

I have been on the lookout for a case with some similar characteristics as you described. I, personally, can't stand cases that add a huge fat leather border to the top surface of my iPad so I case that doesn't cover the iPad basil is a huge priority me too.

I found and really like the switch easy canvas case. The only thing that gives that I may be less "professional" look is that it isn't a leather case - but I think the materials and the lines of the case and the clean style of how it works give it a very professional feel. I actually just ordered it and don't have any personal experience seeing it in person but did come across a really good thread that featured this video review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMXeh...e_gdata_player

Good luck with your search!
cinca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:49 PM   #10
emgoodman
macrumors regular

Quote:
Do the Maroos work with the new iPad smart on/ off?
The initial batch mostly do not. The customer service however is excellent and they have been in contact with emails and are active on these forums. They will definitely be fixing the issue with future lines and promise a fix/replacement for those of use whom have received one that has a faulty sleep/wake system setup.
emgoodman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:10 PM   #11
laurenr
macrumors 6502a

This case might fit your requirements:

http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/Ar...?ArticleID=421
laurenr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:46 PM   #12
Cutwolf
macrumors 6502

Any other suggestions?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:19 PM   #13
Ryox
macrumors 6502a

I'm interested in this too, looking for the same style of case for my iPad.
Ryox is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories