Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cutwolf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
I have the Sena Florence case right now. Since the smart cover function doesn't work, I'm going to be in the market for a new case.

I love the look of the Sena. I also love the Piel Frama look. Those should give you an idea of the style I'm looking for.

With one exception: I'd like a case similar to one of those that doesn't cover the iPad bezel.

It needs to stand stand stably in landscape, be comfortable in typing. Portrait stand ability would be a huge plus.

Thanks for the suggestions.

(even if a suggested case's smart function isn't currently working, please post it anyway so I can wait for their next iteration)

Cutwolf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
I have the Sena Florence case right now. Since the smart cover function doesn't work, I'm going to be in the market for a new case.

I love the look of the Sena. I also love the Piel Frama look. Those should give you an idea of the style I'm looking for.

With one exception: I'd like a case similar to one of those that doesn't cover the iPad bezel.

It needs to stand stand stably in landscape, be comfortable in typing. Portrait stand ability would be a huge plus.

(even if a suggested case's smart function isn't currently working, please post it anyway so I can wait for their next iteration)

That is a fantastic question! Boy, you sure are intelligent. I hope someone answers this amazing question!

emgoodman

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
I think you may like one from the Maroo leather series. Professional folio with nice leather - even the lower end model. The bumper system only covers the corners. I agree - wish more companies (talking to you Piel Frama) would make cases that didn't cover the bezel.

cinca

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2010

I have been on the lookout for a case with some similar characteristics as you described. I, personally, can't stand cases that add a huge fat leather border to the top surface of my iPad so I case that doesn't cover the iPad basil is a huge priority me too.

I found and really like the switch easy canvas case. The only thing that gives that I may be less "professional" look is that it isn't a leather case - but I think the materials and the lines of the case and the clean style of how it works give it a very professional feel. I actually just ordered it and don't have any personal experience seeing it in person but did come across a really good thread that featured this video review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMXehOJHb14&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Good luck with your search!

emgoodman

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
Do the Maroos work with the new iPad smart on/ off?

The initial batch mostly do not. The customer service however is excellent and they have been in contact with emails and are active on these forums. They will definitely be fixing the issue with future lines and promise a fix/replacement for those of use whom have received one that has a faulty sleep/wake system setup.

Ryox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
UK
I'm interested in this too, looking for the same style of case for my iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.