Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:11 AM   #1
cinca
macrumors regular

SwitchEasy Canvas case - experience anyone..?

Like many I am using the purchase of my new iPad as an excuse to shop for a new case or two.

One of the cases that's caught my eye is the SwitchEasy canvas case which is being redone and available later this month for the iPad 3.

For me it strikes the right balance of clean, simple appearance along with a reasonably slim profile while adding a decent amount of functionality as a stand.

The version with several substantial changes for the new iPad is actually shipping, although not in the color I want, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with either the new version of the canvas case for the new iPad or if anyone has any general experience with the switch easy canvas case for the iPad to which seems fairly similar.

Attaching a link and some photos if anybody is curious.

http://www.switcheasy.com/product.ph...VAS_ThenewiPad

Hope to from someone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332054629.264492.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	330747   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332054657.581650.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	330749   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332054663.288637.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	330750  

Attached Images

cinca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:56 AM   #2
Dorkytom
macrumors newbie

I had the canvas for ipad 2 it was great case, i tend to abuse my devices. With the canvas a year later my ipad 2 was still perfect.
Dorkytom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:35 AM   #3
LJ50
macrumors member

Have the canvas for my iPad 2 and on the whole it has been a very good case. Lots of protection and a good range of "stand" angles.

On the downside though, the velcro is useless. It pretty much lost all ability to stick after about a month. And it's heavy. Very heavy. About, if not more than, the weight of the iPad. So you're basically doubling the weight you are carrying.
LJ50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:27 AM   #4
gummycat
macrumors newbie

I had the iPad 2 version and I just received the new one. Overall, I am very happy with the case and I LOVE the company and their support.

I would go on, but there are a number of threads about this specific case - including posts from a guy who posted a great YouTube video review of the case. His YouTube name/channel is "metagamers". Go look for the threads and read up. You'll see plenty of first hand users commenting.
gummycat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:55 PM   #5
cinca
macrumors regular

Thanks for the feedback and advice. I did actually end up finding that additional thread and watching the video review. After reading all the comments in that thread (which were quite substantial) and watching the video (which was super well done) I very easily decided to put in an order. I think the thing that put me over-the-top was reading about the customer support for Switch Easy and feeling confident that if I don't like the case for any reason, or had any problems with it in the future, they would work hard to rectify the situation and make and keep me a happy customer.

(I read that they have a much better warranty service if you purchase from them rather than Amazon. They obviously still have a manufacturers warranty if you purchase from Amazon but the warranty is actually longer if you get it from them -- which, to me, is a great way to have a direct relationship with your customers rather than having your products only sold through third-party vendors.)
cinca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:54 PM   #6
bbmertz
macrumors newbie

Great case!

I received the Canvas case for the new iPad two days ago. Overall, it looks great, is very functional and is extremely well made. My only complaint is that it is very heavy, nearly doubling the weight (and more than doubling the thickness) of the iPad. Not a big deal for me, since I don't travel too often. Hopefully I won't experience a problem with the plastic back cracking in the corners, which many owners of the previous Canvas case complained about. FYI, I have been a long-time customer of Switcheasy and can definitely attest to their great customer service as long as you save a copy of your receipt.
bbmertz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:07 PM   #7
celly
macrumors regular

Tons of posts in here about the new Canvas. Try the search feature.

I have it. I like it. More details in other threads.
celly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:46 PM   #8
flatline82
macrumors regular

Ditto - Love mine, they fixed what I generally didn't like about the iPad 2 version, the clasp.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories