Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:37 AM   #1
Andrewp49
macrumors newbie

How do i play quicktime audio through airplay and airport express?

I recently purchased an airport express and i have been enjoying being able to play my music through my external speakers wirelessly with airplay in itunes. The problem im having is getting audio to play through my speakers when playing videos. As soon as i open up a video in quicktime or itunes it shuts the airplay off and plays through my laptop speakers.
Is there any way to divert all of my laptop audio through the airport express and my external speakers? With my current setup my airport and speakers cords are all tucked away in a cupboard and it would be a big inconvenience having to unplug everything every time i want to watch a video using my speakers.

I am using a macbook pro running snow leopard 10.6.8, itunes 10.6.

If anyone has any advice i would appreciate it!

Andrew
Andrewp49 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2012, 09:09 AM   #2
scheeko
macrumors newbie

Airfoil

Hi!
Natively, the Airport Express only plays audio from iTunes (at the time of launch, AirPlay was called AirTunes).

However, you can buy Airfoil that will allow you to forward audio from the system or any application to the Airport Express.
scheeko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:41 AM   #3
jefe2000
macrumors newbie

Install Mac OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion"

The functionality you are looking for is included as part of Mac OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion". This newest version of OS X can play any audio from any program on your computer to a newer AppleTV or an Airport Express.
jefe2000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help