Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:19 AM   #1
franzfudd
macrumors newbie

Move duplicate files in a folder to Trash

I now have a all of my music file types in separate folders eg: flac files in 'flac' folder, mp3 files in 'mp3' folder.

I would like automate the removal of duplicate files Example: "01 - Songbird - Fleetwood Mac.flac" & "Songbird - Fleetwoord Mac.flac" and send them to the trash.

I know I would use Max to convert all of them to AAC and then import into iTunes and then locate duplicates that way. But I'd rather locate the dupes before importing into iTunes.

Can someone please find a solution. For something this easy you'd think there would be something out there but I've looked and havent found a walkthrough.

thanks in advance
Franz
franzfudd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:57 AM   #2
Bear
macrumors G3

Automated removal could be an issue. I have some CDs that have the same song more than once (different versions). If you totally automate the removal, you could lose a valid file.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:57 PM   #3
franzfudd
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
Automated removal could be an issue. I have some CDs that have the same song more than once (different versions). If you totally automate the removal, you could lose a valid file.

I have made a total backup on a my NAS
franzfudd is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion