Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

franzfudd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
I now have a all of my music file types in separate folders eg: flac files in 'flac' folder, mp3 files in 'mp3' folder.

I would like automate the removal of duplicate files Example: "01 - Songbird - Fleetwood Mac.flac" & "Songbird - Fleetwoord Mac.flac" and send them to the trash.

I know I would use Max to convert all of them to AAC and then import into iTunes and then locate duplicates that way. But I'd rather locate the dupes before importing into iTunes.

Can someone please find a solution. For something this easy you'd think there would be something out there but I've looked and havent found a walkthrough.

thanks in advance
Franz

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Automated removal could be an issue. I have some CDs that have the same song more than once (different versions). If you totally automate the removal, you could lose a valid file.

franzfudd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
Automated removal could be an issue. I have some CDs that have the same song more than once (different versions). If you totally automate the removal, you could lose a valid file.

I have made a total backup on a my NAS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.