Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:27 AM   #1
gowanis
macrumors 6502

Targus Versavu fit

Its definitely a bummer that the magnets don't work, but its not a deal breaker. I like the overall protection the case provides and the rotation and stand positions are nice. My only concern is how the device "snaps" into the plastic holder. It seems to fit more or less, but doesn't seem perfect. I don't think it will fall out, but I would really prefer a nice click. How is your new iPad fitting in your VersaVu?
gowanis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:53 AM   #2
andy603
macrumors newbie

can confirm Targus Versavu is polarity issue

Based on what a few others mentioned here, I pulled my new ipad out and laid the outside of the cover of the top of it and low and behold it shut off.... This absolutely confirms that it is a magnet polarity issue. Don't know who to blame but I know that Targus is ultimately responsible because they obviously did not do a quality control check before they left the warehouse....stupid oversight if you ask me.

With regard to fitting properly...it fits differently than my ipad2 in the ipad2 version of the case...there is not as much lip on 2 corners as the other 2 corners....in otherwords, 2 corners are higher than ipad and look like they are holding it in but the other 2 are below the surface and don't look like they are holding it in.... That said, I'd still buy it (once the magnet issue gets fixed) because I can't get it to fall off...its firmly in there...and I like all the other features of the Versavu....just pissed off that the auto on/off doesn't work!
andy603 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:11 PM   #3
DuckSoup
macrumors 6502a

I have the 3rd gen version. I am thinking that it's not quite designed for the 3rd gen being 0.8mm thicker. They probably did not have the new specs when they went into production, nor knew about the changes in the magnetic on/off placement/polarity.

From what I've read no one knew of the changes until the Keynote and there is NO WAY cases were made and hit the shelves since the keynote. They were made in China for crying out loud. Even has a 2011 copyright on the packaging.
DuckSoup is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories