Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:23 PM   #1
88 King
Banned

Does Invision iPad 2 Smart Case fit the new ipad?

Hi all,

Found this case on Amazon UK, looks good for the price, but I'm not sure if it will fit the new ipad.

Would love somebody to share their experience if they have manage to fit the new ipad into this case.
88 King is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:40 PM   #2
daveb99
macrumors newbie

I bought one hoping it would fit. It fits 100% perfectly and the camera hole is large enough. BUT.....the sleep/wake function does not work, because they changed the magnets inside the iPad 3, compared to the iPad 2.

Mine is going back...otherwise it's a great case, and it you want all round protection and sleek looks, and are not bothered about the sleep/wake not working, it's very hard to beat for the price.
daveb99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:55 PM   #3
88 King
Banned

Thank you very much, I guess I will keep on looking.
88 King is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:43 AM   #4
MrSingh
macrumors regular

Thumbs up

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o00_s00_i00

Invision are now selling via Amazon UK the new iPad version which of course works with the new magnet arrangement. But currently it's only available in black.

I got mine about two days ago and really can't believe the price to quality ratio with this thing. Amazing value! Really can't believe they are only charging £14.95 for this thing - although with the £4.25 delivery charge it works out to £19.20 in total which is still unbelievable value.

After having done quite a bit of research this was the only case I could find which combined the following features in one product with decent build quality - and to make things better it is inexpensive:

- PU Leather
- Auto sleep/wake
- Covers back of iPad
- Allows typing angle
- Allows viewing angle
- Allows access and exposes connection port, camera, headphone socket etc.
- Super slim design
- Leaves iPad bezel fully exposed and even most of the iPad's edges; looks very cool!
- Fully protects the vulnerable corners

They are definitely on to a winner with this case. I bought mine based on the many, many positive reviews on Amazon re: the iPad 2 version so looks like they have already sold a lot of these. Their 7 day no quibble money back guarantee kind of illustrates the fact that they know they have a good product. I definitely won't be sending my one back any time soon!

I guess all that is left to see is how the build quality holds-up over time.

Hope this helps.
> iPhone4 16GB (Black)

Last edited by MrSingh; Apr 21, 2012 at 10:01 AM.
MrSingh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 07:22 AM   #5
a9205
macrumors member

does anyone know where i can find pictures of the case with the new ipad, this seems like a good case, especially considering there is a small range of quality cases available in the uk.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories