Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
A lot of people have been wondering which of the iPad 2 cases still fit the new iPad, and I wanted to confirm one of them--the Snapshell from Belkin. Belkin's website would have you believe that you have to order one made specifically for the new model, but it's not true.

I prefer the back snap on cover/front Smart Cover method of protection for my iPad, and for the 2 I had a cheap-o $10 back cover that I was convinced would not fit the new iPad. I went ahead and ordered a case crown model from Amazon just in case. Unfortunately, the one that came from Amazon that said it was for the 3rd gen model didn't even come close to fitting. The old one From my iPad 2 sort of fit but cracked really bad when I put it on.

I decided to take a gamble. Belkin is my favorite case maker and I went over to Best Buy to see if they had a snap shell in stock. The only had one for iPad 2, but I went ahead and bought it. We were leaving town for the night and I really don't like taking my iPad anywhere without protecting it. It is a PERFECT fit on the new iPad. You honestly don't need the new model if you're going the snap on route. Belkin comes through yet again.

jazzy639

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
Snapshell or Snap Shield? Can you please link to the exact one you have on the Belkin website please?

PS: people say the Snap Shield starts cracking on the iPad 2. My guess is it will crack faster on the iPad 3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.