Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:23 PM   #1
MommyMagid
macrumors newbie

iPod Touch 4.2.1 Won't Access Apps

I bought a used iPod Touch 4.2.1 for my daughter months ago and has been working fine until today. When I plug it in to sync, it won't allow me to access the apps section of the device. I can add or remove all other media (music, videos, books, etc.) but not apps. I see the screen but it is kind of gray, and my mouse can't click on anything. I can't upload version 5 software so obviously it is not the most recent generation. When I plugged in my iPhone, the apps section worked fine. Also, I still have over 2 GBs of space on the iPod Touch so I don't think it could be a space issue.

Can anyone recommend a fix without having to restore? Also, I am a lay user so if you have information, please keep that in mind. (And I turned it off as well as restarted my computer to no avail.)

Thanks!
MommyMagid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:56 PM   #2
batting1000
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMagid View Post
I bought a used iPod Touch 4.2.1 for my daughter months ago and has been working fine until today. When I plug it in to sync, it won't allow me to access the apps section of the device. I can add or remove all other media (music, videos, books, etc.) but not apps. I see the screen but it is kind of gray, and my mouse can't click on anything. I can't upload version 5 software so obviously it is not the most recent generation. When I plugged in my iPhone, the apps section worked fine. Also, I still have over 2 GBs of space on the iPod Touch so I don't think it could be a space issue.

Can anyone recommend a fix without having to restore? Also, I am a lay user so if you have information, please keep that in mind. (And I turned it off as well as restarted my computer to no avail.)

Thanks!
Try restarting the iPod. If that doesn't work, make sure Restrictions are disabled in Settings > General > Restrictions. The "Installing Apps" may be off in there, preventing you from installing applications.
batting1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 07:11 PM   #3
MommyMagid
macrumors newbie

Exactly

My daughter turned Restrictions on and doesn't know the passcode for it. I hope that reinstalling the iPod will turn Restrictions off. I assume it will.

Lesson learned.

Thanks.
MommyMagid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 07:33 PM   #4
batting1000
macrumors 601

Don't restore. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
batting1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch