Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Mar 19, 2012, 03:50 PM   #1
KateKup
macrumors newbie

Unhappy iPhone speakers won't work but headphones work.

A few days ago a notification started popping up that said something about how some software was not compatible with my phone. When that began, the sound stopped working. The sound works when I plug in my headphones. It also still rings and the alarm works. It's just game sounds and music and things like that, that are not working. I haven't downloaded anything so I don't know what would have caused this. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this?
KateKup is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:18 PM   #2
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

What model iPhone do you have? When speaking of the version software, are we talking the newer version of iOS or something else?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:24 PM   #3
KateKup
macrumors newbie

I've been looking around on the site to see if anyone else has been having similar problems but so far no luck. I'm wondering though, since the speakers still work for the ringer and alarm, does that mean it's a software problem and not a hardware problem such as a wire being bent or something?

----------

It's an iPhone 3GS and I'm not sure about iOS or anything. I honestly don't know much about phones. I just know that a notification showed up saying the sound software wasn't compatible. I'm paraphrasing though because of course when I try to ask what's wrong with it, the notification stops popping up.
KateKup is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:57 PM   #4
KateKup
macrumors newbie

When I open iTunes on the phone it doesn't even give me an option to raise the volume. It's like the sound software doesn't evn exist for things like that. This is so frustrating.
KateKup is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:12 PM   #5
rcnino
macrumors newbie

You can try going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. That might fix your issue.

Otherwise your best bet is a restore.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83, 16 GB, GTX560 1 GB, Windows 7 Ultimate x64
rcnino is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:12 PM   #6
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

Can you show us a screen capture of the error? If you don't know how to do that, can you take a pic with a cell phone camera? What you are experiencing sounds like a driver issue, but I have never heard of that happening on an iPhone.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:55 PM   #7
Alazar.kas
macrumors newbie

Same here I was playing a game when suddenly the sound stopped working only earphones and speaker for phone calls work I have an iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1
Alazar.kas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:26 PM   #8
DyslexicKobe
macrumors newbie

iPhone speakers won't work but headphones work.

Follow this article.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1630
DyslexicKobe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:39 PM   #9
chrscap
macrumors regular

First thing I would do is a restore through iTunes. If that doesn't work, I would bring it to the apple store for a replacement. But yeah, thanks for bumping a year old thread. lol
chrscap is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone