asleep
macrumors 68020

Cool.

I'm waiting for this one: http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPa...duct_Id=598150
asleep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:05 AM   #52
Ryox
macrumors 6502a

Can anyone tell me if this case covers up the sim card tray on the 4g iPad?
This case looks great but I need regular access to my sim tray as I travel for business often and am swaping sims regularly.

Thanks!
Ryox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:28 AM   #53
shakeman0
macrumors 6502a

For those who were using the Snapshield for the iPad 2 on the iPad 3, how does the fit compare? Does the new shield warrant an exchange of the iPad 2 shield?
shakeman0 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:41 AM   #54
TWO2SEVEN
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryox View Post
Can anyone tell me if this case covers up the sim card tray on the 4g iPad?
This case looks great but I need regular access to my sim tray as I travel for business often and am swaping sims regularly.

Thanks!
It doesn't cover the whole tray, but you wouldn't be able to slide it out. The cutout in the shell is made to accommodate the Smart Cover. The fact that it doesn't cover the SIM tray is just coincidence.

Sorry for the low quality iPhone pic.

TWO2SEVEN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:44 AM   #55
rukkus
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAggie View Post
I decided against buying this after looking at it and realizing it does not secure the smart cover to the device
that's actually why i like it. one of my favorite parts of the smart cover is taking it off so easily when i'm reading or gaming. i'm just trying to decide between this and waiting for a switcheasy coverbuddy. i read a lot of reviews of the ipad2 version of this saying it chipped up/cracked in the corners pretty quickly.
rukkus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:06 AM   #56
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukkus View Post
that's actually why i like it. one of my favorite parts of the smart cover is taking it off so easily when i'm reading or gaming. i'm just trying to decide between this and waiting for a switcheasy coverbuddy. i read a lot of reviews of the ipad2 version of this saying it chipped up/cracked in the corners pretty quickly.
I had one for my iPad 2. As soon as it cracked (I was taking it on and off) Belkin took care of me very quickly. They even let me choose a new color and shipped to me extremely fast all with nothing out of my pocket. I'll now be getting the Snap Shield again due to their great customer service.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:23 AM   #57
rukkus
macrumors member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
I had one for my iPad 2. As soon as it cracked (I was taking it on and off) Belkin took care of me very quickly. They even let me choose a new color and shipped to me extremely fast all with nothing out of my pocket. I'll now be getting the Snap Shield again due to their great customer service.
oh great that's what i wasn't sure about. i know switcheasy has amazing customer service as well. gonna check out best buy at lunch.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:25 AM   #58
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
oh great that's what i wasn't sure about. i know switcheasy has amazing customer service as well. gonna check out best buy at lunch.
Lol! I'm going to BB at lunch too. I've ordered one from Amazon, but they aren't even being sold yet. I'd like to protect the back as soon as possible.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:28 AM   #59
shakeman0
macrumors 6502a

I have one reserved at Best Buy and am picking it up later today. Best Buy apparently holds items now. I just called and gave them my name and phone number and they said they would hold it till end of business today. I really hope the new shield is a tad looser... I had the iPad 2 shield on my iPad 3 and I had to slide a credit card in and just keep pushing around the corner until the case popped off. I really was worried about getting it off for a little while.
shakeman0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:26 PM   #60
Archer1440
macrumors 6502

Quote:
That is great, but the best customer service is... never needing it. I have heard and seen too many stories of cracked Belkins to have confidence in it.
Archer1440 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:43 PM   #61
rukkus
macrumors member

make sure you check your rewards accounts if you have them.. i checked before i went there and found a $5 gift certificate that expires in april. case looks nice with the slight frost... less grippy than i was hoping for though.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:46 PM   #62
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
make sure you check your rewards accounts if you have them.. i checked before i went there and found a $5 gift certificate that expires in april. case looks nice with the slight frost... less grippy than i was hoping for though.
That's funny as I checked my RZ before going up there. Luckily mine had 3 in stock so I was able to snag one.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:47 PM   #63
qpixo
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeySamantha View Post
Son of a b*tch! This is exactly what I've been looking for but they don't ship to Canada. That probably means they don't have them in our Best Buy's either
Yes they do have it.
I saw a few in Best Buy but I really hesitated to buy it
qpixo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:59 PM   #64
elmorage
macrumors newbie

picked up the ipad 2 version of the snapshield secure from target last night on clearance for 19.99. seems to fit perfectly and paired with the smart cover is exactly what i wanted, some protection with minimal bulk.

so far so good, until it cracks anyway
elmorage is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:12 PM   #65
TSloper
macrumors member

The Marware Microshell is a much better product in terms of quality. No cracking to worry about.
TSloper is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:21 PM   #66
GaiaAero
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
The Marware Microshell is a much better product in terms of quality. No cracking to worry about.
You do realize that the cracking is from the iPad 2 version right?
GaiaAero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:29 PM   #67
Jburnette87
macrumors member

Just picked mine up today. Just what I was looking for.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:51 PM   #68
catalyst6
macrumors 6502a

Do you think this case would fit a bestskinsever underneath?
catalyst6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:54 PM   #69
Jburnette87
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyst6 View Post
Do you think this case would fit a bestskinsever underneath?
I wouldn't think so. It's a pretty right fit.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:57 PM   #70
TSloper
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaAero View Post
You do realize that the cracking is from the iPad 2 version right?
Belkin knew about the issue and never updated the design in regards to the cracking. So what would lead you to believe the new version is going to be any different than the old?

I guess we will know in a week or two if this one suffers from the same issue.

Tim
TSloper is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:19 PM   #71
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
Belkin knew about the issue and never updated the design in regards to the cracking. So what would lead you to believe the new version is going to be any different than the old?

I guess we will know in a week or two if this one suffers from the same issue.

Tim
That's not true. They DID change the design. I had one for my iPad 2 as soon as they were released and it cracked. Contacted Belkin and got a new one shipped out that was an updated version. The original ones didn't have the lip that goes over the corners and the newer one felt sturdier.

EDIT* I also remember there being at least 2 different designs as we were comparing them on this forum.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:23 PM   #72
psychonaut
macrumors 6502

The design on these indeed seems different to eliminate any unnecessary stress on the case which in turn would cause cracking. I would also say it is much easier to remove than other cases like this.

I know there is a lot of photos of this shell showing up so I decided to shoot a video. Should be up on my channel within a few hours.

Quote:
That's not true. They DID change the design. I had one for my iPad 2 as soon as they were released and it cracked. Contacted Belkin and got a new one shipped out that was an updated version. The original ones didn't have the lip that goes over the corners and the newer one felt sturdier.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:08 PM   #73
boshii
macrumors 68040

Bought a smoke Belkin Snap Shield for iPad 2 off Amazon for $12.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details (price went up now)

It fits the new iPad perfectly. Everything lines up and i'm a happy camper. I no longer have to wait for the Translucent Mercury smart feather .

Thumb resize.Thumb resize.Thumb resize.Thumb resize.
boshii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:35 PM   #74
catalyst6
macrumors 6502a

Is this thinner or about the same as the Incipio smartfeather?
catalyst6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:53 PM   #75
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyst6 View Post
Is this thinner or about the same as the Incipio smartfeather?
I can only go by last year's Feather, but they are just about the same.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories