Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdawg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Charlotte, NC
just yesterday at my local Best Buy store. Bought one immediately to protect the back, and it snaps on perfectly. Have an STM Skinny on order but needed something else in the meantime.

I know some folks here have used the Belkin for iPad 2, so fyi that the new/3 is in.

pdawg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Here are some pics. Hope they display ok.

Attachments

• IMG_0340.jpg
    IMG_0340.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 429
  • IMG_0341.jpg
    IMG_0341.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 427
  • IMG_0343.jpg
    IMG_0343.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 370

pdawg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Charlotte, NC
did they have the secure version there also with the magnets?

Did not even check b/c all I was looking for was the snap shield since I had a similar Belkin about 2 years ago for iPad 1 (not snap tho, soft mold), and I needed something for the back protection.

tugger

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2005
price?

Thanks for the pics. Looks nice. Can I ask how much it cost at Best Buy?

MjDarius

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
Please provide us with the Bestbuy SKU from the receipt for the item (assuming they are different from the SKUs for the Belkin Snap Shield for IPad 2). This would give us a chance to possibly track them down. Thanks

pdawg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Please provide us with the Bestbuy SKU from the receipt for the item (assuming they are different from the SKUs for the Belkin Snap Shield for IPad 2). This would give us a chance to possibly track them down. Thanks

My receipt has f8n744ttc01 listed. Clear Snapshield - iPad Third for $29.99.

lovespicyfood

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
Good to know, THANKS! I have one pre-ordered from Amazon but it isn't suppose to ship until April 1st! :( The back of the iPad is SLIPPERY and I'm worried I'm going to ding it before the new case comes here... I need to hit the local BB...

pdawg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Good to know, THANKS! I have one pre-ordered from Amazon but it isn't suppose to ship until April 1st! :( The back of the iPad is SLIPPERY and I'm worried I'm going to ding it before the new case comes here... I need to hit the local BB...

Welcome! Did not expect so much controversy over my little post :p

MjDarius

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
Welcome! Did not expect so much controversy over my little post :p

Pdawg, the SKU is the seven digit numerical code (Bestbuy SKU format) that precedes the product description on the receipt from your purchase. The code you provided is a Belkin identifier.

Providing SKU or maybe even receipt scan?

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
just called my bb. they set one aside for me. going now to see if it really is one for the ipad 3. the bb dude said it is. thanks op for posting this!

orlandocano

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Did any of you see the Belkin snap secure for iPad 3rd gen (it's the one with magnet on the back)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.