Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:59 AM   #26
Hello...
macrumors 6502a

Mine changed setting it to max brightness and using it normal, I used it for a couple days and seems much better.
Hello... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:50 AM   #27
richard371
macrumors 65816

Mine is more yellow towards the top left side in portrait mode but the rest is white slightly blueish tint which I like. I tried a white screen with the brightness up for 9 hours and it didn't seem to help much. Im not sure I wan't to try the blanket thing. The iPad is perfect (no light bleed, bad pixels etc so I am hoping the problem will fade after while since the color is not uniform. I may give it until late next week and go pick up an iPad from the Apple store and see if it is better and return the worse of the 2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1-1.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	428.7 KB
ID:	331599  
richard371 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:00 AM   #28
Pipper99
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
What do you mean you set your iPad to 100?
Mine goes to 11.
Pipper99 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:06 AM   #29
appletvbob
macrumors newbie

I only notice the yellow tint when I see the "yellow tint" threads on the forum!

Seriously, it seems slightly more yellow than my iPad 1. It seems to be less yellow since the 17th. And showing it off to my friends, not one person commented (negatively) on the color or brightness.

I love the screen. Maybe I'm lucky or just have a different set of standards for what I consider "excellent."
appletvbob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:16 AM   #30
spokenblurb
macrumors newbie

What I did

My screen had a yellow tint to it as well,what I did was set brightness to max and used the app 500px let it run one slide show overnight till the battery died, I can honestly say its been a big improvement,yellow tint is gone, idea came from someone in one of these threads thanks!!!

Last edited by spokenblurb; Mar 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM.
spokenblurb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:25 PM   #31
Roman2K~
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard371 View Post
Mine is more yellow towards the top left side in portrait mode but the rest is white slightly blueish tint which I like.
Same exact symptoms with mine (top left). See this picture. It's especially obvious on the keyboard in landscape orientation (with the top left being rotated 90 anti-clockwise, becoming the bottom left).

I asked for an exchange yesterday (by phone). A replacement will be sent within 1 to 3 days. I'll keep you posted. Please keep us posted as well.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:17 PM   #32
dsc888
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard371 View Post
Mine is more yellow towards the top left side in portrait mode but the rest is white slightly blueish tint which I like. I tried a white screen with the brightness up for 9 hours and it didn't seem to help much. Im not sure I wan't to try the blanket thing. The iPad is perfect (no light bleed, bad pixels etc so I am hoping the problem will fade after while since the color is not uniform. I may give it until late next week and go pick up an iPad from the Apple store and see if it is better and return the worse of the 2.
Richard,

Definitely keep us posted. I did one exchange at Bestbuy and got a much more white screen. In fact, it was more white than my iPad2! But I too have the dreaded yellow left upper corner. I don't know if BB would even let me do one more exchange. Apple is much better in that regard.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:21 PM   #33
miamialley
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthipad View Post
whilst you may not agree with others, your comments were no better than theirs!
Huh? It was ironic the poster spelled "you're" incorrectly when calling someone dumb. What are you talking about? I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with anyone.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:18 PM   #34
M5RahuL
macrumors 65816

I have to agree with the OP here... I went to the Apple store today and saw ALL new iPads and iPhone 4S'es were milky white with a slight blue tint [ which looked beautiful and bright ]

My new iPhone 4S and the new iPad had a bit of uneven yellow tint. So, obviously like most of us, I wanted to exchange but kept wondering why ALL Apple store units are cooler!

I had them open 3 iPhones and 2 iPads and they were all the same as mine! Even the guys at the store didn't have an answer for me. The only conclusion I could arrive at was that since these units at the Apple store are on all the time, the glue [ or whatever is causing the yellow/uneven tint ] cures with usage/staying on and the screen gets whiter.

I have, hence, left my new iPad [ yellowish tint on the right 1/3rd side holding in landscape mode ] on at max brightness plugged in all night and it's only slightly warm [ not hot, by any means! ]

The 4S was still on 5.0.1 so I could JB and install ' color profile ' which fixed the screen in a minute!! Love that fix!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:50 AM   #35
Herbit
macrumors newbie

Thumbs down

I had it now for over 20 hours at full brightness and wrapped in cloth while showing a white picture. Did not help at all. About 20 % of the screen is still Dirty yellow (the left side when holding it in landscape, home button on the right side).

This totally ruins the reading experience for me. Everything else is fine.

My plan now is to send it back to Apple for a refund and by a new one in a few weeks. Hopefully, the 2nd batch will be better. And I can upgrade from 32 GB black to 64 GB white .

Last edited by Herbit; Mar 24, 2012 at 07:59 AM.
Herbit is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:28 PM   #36
iHeartsteve
macrumors 65816

I wanted to resurrect this post to see if anyone else's iPad yellow or pink/green tint has lessened. I noticed mine decreased slightly so I'm conflicted as to whether I should still exchange. Mine is pink hue so I don't even know if it's possible that its effected by the glue curing.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad