Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rbnj0904

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
Hey Guys,

I've a iPhone 4( 32gb) factory unlocked version running ios 5.0.1. I had jailbreaked it using redsnow and all was going well until i tried to install the siriport and a certificate from siriport.ru few days back, the siri was installed and everything seemed to work, but siri had connectivity issues, so i tried to restart the iPhone, after switching off when i tried to switch it on, the iphone would not turn on :eek:.

I tried all possible fixes like holding the home & sleep/wake button for multiple intervals, trying to enter recover mode, connecting to pc, DFU mode etc. to absolutely no use, the iphone seems to be totally dead.

I can not take my iphone to the official istore in india as my ip4 was purchased in switzerland. Apple india does not service/repair phones purchased away from India :/.

Please suggest what could have gone wrong and possible fixes, if any.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Joshi

xxBURT0Nxx

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2009
sure the battery is not dead? Leave it plugged in for a while to make sure and see if it turns on?

If that doesn't work you're probably going to have to takke it apart to diagnose everything. If it comes to that ifixit has a great guide and sells the tools required, though I'm not sure if they ship to India

rbnj0904

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
sure the battery is not dead? Leave it plugged in for a while to make sure and see if it turns on?

If that doesn't work you're probably going to have to takke it apart to diagnose everything. If it comes to that ifixit has a great guide and sells the tools required, though I'm not sure if they ship to India

Hi Burton,

Thanks for your reply. I am sure the battery is not at fault, i had left the phone plugged into charger throughout the night, no use after that as well :/.

Also, i had consulted a local un-authorized apple service center over here, after having the phone for a day, they just called me now suggesting that the RAM is at fault and needs replacement, but i am not sure how the RAM could go bad, is there a chance for this? I could not trust these guys 100% as they are not official service ppl.

Please suggest.

Regards
Joshi

TheAppleSource

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
United Kingdom
While it could well be some bad RAM (although I've not heard of this happening often with iPhones), I think it's far more likely that the battery has died, or some sort of power failure has occurred.

My iPhone 4S randomly turned off on me about a month ago and it turned out that the battery had indeed died.

If you are left with either using local service people, or you doing it yourself, well then that decision is up to you. If you feel that you're confident enough to open up your iPhone and replace either the RAM or the battery or whatever the fault may be, then go for it. Otherwise, try a service centre.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.