Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Umairshariff23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Wirelessly posted

Hey everyone, i want to buy a new macbook since my previous macbook white got stolen. Now the only mac i am faced with is macbook pro, because air is something that i dont prefer.

Now here is the dilemma i am in, i have my eyes on mbp 13 i5, mbp 13 i7 and mbp 15 i7. After a month or so, i WILL upgrade any laptop i buy with 16 GB RAM, and i want to use it to play games like batman arkham asylum and watch 1080p movies

The thing that i want to know is, after i upgrade the laptop, which one of the above three will allow me to play and watch with minimum expenditure

Vudoo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Dallas Metroplex
Are you asking which one will cost the least to upgrade? If that is the question, the answer is that all three will have similar upgrade costs. Might as well go for the 15" i7 for best performance and screen resolution.

Umairshariff23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Wirelessly posted

I know that the cost of the ram cards will remain the same

I want to know if there eill be significant differences in performance in three different configs;

Mbp 13 i5, 2.4ghz 16gb ram, intel graphics
Mbp 13 i7, 2.8ghz 16gb ram, intel graphics
Mbp 15 i7, 2.4ghz 16gb ram, 1 gb ati

Nov 28, 2010
located
If you want to play games, get the one with the dedicated GPU, thus the 15" MBP.
If you want to watch 1080p content, every current Mac is more than capable of doing that, man, even my 2007 iMac can do that (and edit it). But if you want the full 1080p resolution, only the 17" MBP or 21.5" iMac will be able to help you. And the iPad of course. Or an external display. Or ...

Umairshariff23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Wirelessly posted

If i get the 13 inch mbp, i5 and upgrade it with 16 gb ram, wont that help me with the games??

Umairshariff23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Wirelessly posted

Its just that the mbp 15 is too expensive for me, i reside in india and here the price is almost 100,000 that is too much

When i had my white, i could play all the games fine except for batman and that had 256 mb graphics and 4 gb ram, based on that do you think that mbp 13 with upped ram be enough for me??

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Wirelessly posted

Its just that the mbp 15 is too expensive for me, i reside in india and here the price is almost 100,000 that is too much

When i had my white, i could play all the games fine except for batman and that had 256 mb graphics and 4 gb ram, based on that do you think that mbp 13 with upped ram be enough for me??

I don't know about the requirements for batman but if the graphics card is enough than it will work upping ram from 4 to 8 won't help make the graphic card better

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.