Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brownstein

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
One example of what I would like to do is to be able to take pics with my iPad remotely with my iPhone in such a way that I could view what the iPad sees through my iPhone and be able to command the iPad to take the photo.

This is just one example of what I would find useful with this functionality.

Does anyone know of a way to do this or an app that provides this functionality?

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
This would only work on a local wifi connection, but I know that iStop Motion HD has a remote app that allows one device to activate the others camera.

Im assuming you want to be able to leave hte iPad at home or something and control it though, and that I dont know off the top of my head but I assume there is one. Splashtop has an app to view pc web cameras but I dont think it works between iDevices.

Theres no way any of them let you take complete control over another device, best you could hope for is just the remote picture taking.

brownstein

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Local network is fine, I am just thinking about setting it up for family pics etc.

Istopmotion remote camera looks to be on the right track, too bad VNC is not supported on the iPad. I see that the veency app by saurik would work nicely, guess I will need to JB.

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
Looked it up again and its name is just iMotion. And while it does have a remote function, as its designed for stop motion videos as far as I can tell it does not have a function to export full resolution still pictures as I thought it might. So thats not really practical.

brownstein

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Maybe, just looking for the functionality mainly, that was the best example I could think of to get my point across.

It is a "new" iPad at least :)

Another idea would be capturing shots of wildlife etc remotely so that you don't scare the animals away.

What I ultimately take pics of is irrelevant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.