Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:43 PM   #1
Mike4AU
macrumors member

How To Sync Videos From iTunes To iPad?

Man, this should not be this difficult.

I bought my wife a New iPad and copied her photos and videos from her iPad 2 to a folder on the PC. She was using my Apple ID, but I set up her own ID and pointed iTunes to the folder with the photos and videos. The photos synced fine but the videos are not in sight. Also, those videos are showing in the iTunes Movies.

I have searched for several hours and just can't find the answer.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
Mike4AU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Romeosc
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4AU View Post
Man, this should not be this difficult.

I bought my wife a New iPad and copied her photos and videos from her iPad 2 to a folder on the PC. She was using my Apple ID, but I set up her own ID and pointed iTunes to the folder with the photos and videos. The photos synced fine but the videos are not in sight. Also, those videos are showing in the iTunes Movies.

I have searched for several hours and just can't find the answer.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
With iPad connected & selected in iTunes check the video tab and make sure to select sync all videos
Romeosc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:58 AM   #3
Mike4AU
macrumors member

That will do it!

Thanks!
Mike4AU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:30 AM   #4
D.T.
macrumors 68030

Two things:

If the videos aren’t showing in iTunes, they’re not going to sync. You need to make sure they’re loading into your media library first. If you want, you can simply do it manually: File >> Add to Library (browse to source files)

Secondly, you don’t _have_ to sync any media, i.e., iTunes and the device have the exact same content. I selected “manually manage” on my media setting for my devices, and I simply drag and drop content from my library to the device (you just click, hold and drag over the device name in the left list).

It’s not very well known, but you can actually drag files from the filesystem to the mounted device in iTunes and completely bypass the need to have the content in the iTunes media library!
D.T. is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting