Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
One of my work email accounts is hosted on an ancient server that apparently can't handle POP or IMAP, so I have the mail forwarded to my gmail account which I read in Mail. To reply, I've had to create a shell of my work email address and have mail use a different SMTP server (one that I use for one of my domains so I don't get that annoying "sent on behalf of" message from Gmail). Hopefully you're with me so far! While it's irritating to have to type in the recipient's email address (since hitting reply, sends a reply to me), I manage.

What I would like to do is find a script that I could attach to a rule so that when I hit reply, the "reply from" bar is automatically set to my work account. I keep emailing people from different accounts and it's causing problems! So, is there or could there be such a script?

(and before you ask why I don't just check my email online: because I have to use an ancient version of Outlook)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.