Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:06 AM   #1
numlock
macrumors 65816

jigsaw effect on a picture

Hi

I am trying to create a little puzzle game for work. I want to take a picture of an employee and break it up in jigsaws and then have them appear one at a time. The contestants should guess the face on each step.

I know this can be done manually in photoshop/pixelmater and then saving a new picture and create an animation from that. But I wanted to know if there was a more ready made solution available especially since I am no expert in photoshop/pixelmator.

I have gone through the effects available for both versions of imovie and none really fit the bill totally.

Any ideas?
numlock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:08 AM   #2
YESimBLUNTED
macrumors member

It will take a few steps but an easy way would be to use your Pen tool and draw out your pieces. Use these paths that you have drawn and make selection from the path. Then hit CMD+J to jump that piece to a new layer (as you will need these pieces on separate layers for your animation part). Once you have the whole photo in pieces and on separate layers, import the PSD into After Effects (as comp NOT footage) and just change the opacity on each piece (layer) as you want them to come on. Easy peazy!

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics