Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:14 AM   #1
HotRodGuy
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Raleigh, NC
Apps taking forever to download?

This started happening to me last week. Apps are taking FOREVER to download. Often HOURS for a single app. Tried it on different wifi connections same results. It started before I did the latest OS update, and is still doing it after installing 5.1


Anyone running into this? Iphone downloads fine. Wifes Ipad downloads fine.
HotRodGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:19 AM   #2
SandboxGeneral
Moderator
 
SandboxGeneral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Great Lakes State
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy View Post
This started happening to me last week. Apps are taking FOREVER to download. Often HOURS for a single app. Tried it on different wifi connections same results. It started before I did the latest OS update, and is still doing it after installing 5.1


Anyone running into this? Iphone downloads fine. Wifes Ipad downloads fine.
Are you downloading multiple apps at once, as in multi-update downloads or from a restore where all your apps are being re-downloaded from iCloud?

One thing you can try is to double-tap an app that is in progress of downloading and it is supposed to give it priority in the multi-download queue.
__________________
...the tiger striping is so beautiful it makes me want to cry.
SandboxGeneral is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:23 AM   #3
harleymhs
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I have the same issue.. One app takes forever to download!! Thats one of MANY reasons why my NEW IPAD was returned! LOL
harleymhs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:35 AM   #4
HotRodGuy
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
Are you downloading multiple apps at once, as in multi-update downloads or from a restore where all your apps are being re-downloaded from iCloud?

One thing you can try is to double-tap an app that is in progress of downloading and it is supposed to give it priority in the multi-download queue.

Either or, I tried a mass update, that took two days to do. I tried downloading single apps and it still takes about a day. Most the time it doesn't even start downloading...just says "waiting"


I've had this ipad for about 7 months, just started doing this

----------

FYI, this is an Ipad 2
HotRodGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:37 AM   #5
Capt T
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Did you try a reset of the iPad? Press and hold both the home button and the power button until you see the apple logo.
Capt T is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:02 AM   #6
HotRodGuy
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt T View Post
Did you try a reset of the iPad? Press and hold both the home button and the power button until you see the apple logo.

yeap, and when It comes back on it still says waiting
HotRodGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:13 AM   #7
Capt T
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Did you try deleting the app that says waiting and then redownload it?

I have had a couple apps in the past seem to be waiting for a long time...usually a reboot fixes it but once I just deleted it and tried again.

Figured some run time type error or memory error...But that is only a guess
Capt T is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:19 AM   #8
HotRodGuy
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt T View Post
Did you try deleting the app that says waiting and then redownload it?

I have had a couple apps in the past seem to be waiting for a long time...usually a reboot fixes it but once I just deleted it and tried again.

Figured some run time type error or memory error...But that is only a guess


It won't let me delete the apps since they are "waiting". That said I tried the hard reset again just now and it worked. Then tried downloading another app....still got waiting....hard reset...bam it's there


Any idea why it's doing this? If I have to do a reset everytime I want to download an app that's going to get annoying!
HotRodGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:22 AM   #9
Saberon
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Same problem here, stuck on Waiting...there's a huge thread at apple support communities with the same complaint, it's not just you.
Saberon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:39 AM   #10
HotRodGuy
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberon View Post
Same problem here, stuck on Waiting...there's a huge thread at apple support communities with the same complaint, it's not just you.

You have a link to the thread?
HotRodGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5s flash taking forever when taking pictures cchunk iPhone 9 Oct 19, 2013 04:03 AM
rMBP is taking forever to come!!! NickPhamUK MacBook Pro 14 Oct 10, 2013 10:03 PM
iMovie taking forever to import footage? MrFluffums Mac Applications and Mac App Store 1 Dec 16, 2012 09:40 PM
Verizon taking forever Traderalways iPhone 4 Nov 20, 2012 03:34 PM
AppleCare+ taking forever to process stevo505 iPhone 5 Sep 24, 2012 06:02 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC