Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yklxcq

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
i just bought a CD and imported into itune, but all the names are track1,track 2, how can i get the name of the song?
Can i get artwork from CD?

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
yklxcq said:
i just bought a CD and imported into itune, but all the names are track1,track 2, how can i get the name of the song?

The best way to do this is to insert the CD while the computer's online, in which case iTunes will automatically give the songs their correct information.

yklxcq

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
stridey said:
The best way to do this is to insert the CD while the computer's online, in which case iTunes will automatically give the songs their correct information.
yes, i am connecting to internet when import, still does not work:(

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
yklxcq said:
yes, i am connecting to internet when import, still does not work:(

Try this: select the album in the iTunes browser, so that only songs from that album (and all the songs from that album) are showing. Select all the songs from the album (so that they are highlighted) and then choose Advanced -> Get Track Names.

You should either get track names or a message saying they could not be found.

jmsait19

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2004
MO
First I would select the songs in question and go to the advanced menu and click 'get track names from cddb'. (which must be done while online)

if that doesn't work, then you will have to type in by hand. for the track names, it is easiest to select the track and press the little enter button to the right of your space bar. (or at least it is on my powerbook; dont confuse the enter key with the return key)

that method works well for track name. for artist name you can select all the tracks, ctrl-click and then go to 'get info'. if you type in the artist and album name, it will apply that to all tracks.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
yklxcq said:
Download Clutter (search the forums for it or google it) While the song is playing it searches amazon and then you press i think ctrl + shift+K and it will add it to the song...
is there software that will fix the ID3 tags based on the info you provided. most of my songs don't have album name.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.