Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hoodie1981

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011

Why does the iPhone fail to time stamp each sms message? For instance, I will receive a text message at 11:00 am - I will reply at 11:10 am and there is not an updated time stamp applied to my reply. I have phoned Verizon - this is an issue with the operating system. The representative suggested I look into downloading an app. I can't seem to find one that addresses this issue.
Is it just me, or does anyone else appreciate knowing when a message was sent and received? Even the BlackBerry could do this!:mad:

ckmoose

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2012
I am with Telus in Canada with the same issue. I wish it was an option to maybe turn individual time stamps.

normanbates

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2011
It's normal for the iPhone to do that. If you want to check what time the last message sent/received was just go to the messages inbox and it will have it there

jschum

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2013
Time Stamp

Iphone 5 all have timestamp on messages. open to a conversation and slide you finger from right to left. Your screen will move and all the times will show on the right hand side.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Iphone 5 all have timestamp on messages. open to a conversation and slide you finger from right to left. Your screen will move and all the times will show on the right hand side.

Notice this thread was from 2012 before iOS 7 added that feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.