Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MykullMyerz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Well, this morning, after charging my iPad overnight, the battery meter read "99%." I thought this was odd so I turned the iPad off and when I turned it back on the battery meter was at 100%. I figured everything was normal and thought no more of it until a moment ago when I saw the battery remains at 100% 10 hours later. Now, while I've only mildly used the iPad throughout the day so far, I find it unbelievable that the battery still remains at 100%. Is it possible my battery is defective or is the battery in the new iPad really that good? My iPad 2 would probably be somewhere around 94% right now. And this is with 4G LTE active, an e-mail every 15 minutes, and an occasional check of my Facebook messages. If the battery is this great, that's astonishing.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
10 hours of normal use, your battery should be dead or close to it. I read an article on TUAW that the battery meter isn't always correct and that the iPad still draws power even after the meter says 100%. It doesn't mention your situation, but it does make you think about it.

G77

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
Well, this morning, after charging my iPad overnight, the battery meter read "99%." I thought this was odd so I turned the iPad off and when I turned it back on the battery meter was at 100%. I figured everything was normal and thought no more of it until a moment ago when I saw the battery remains at 100% 10 hours later. Now, while I've only mildly used the iPad throughout the day so far, I find it unbelievable that the battery still remains at 100%. Is it possible my battery is defective or is the battery in the new iPad really that good? My iPad 2 would probably be somewhere around 94% right now. And this is with 4G LTE active, an e-mail every 15 minutes, and an occasional check of my Facebook messages. If the battery is this great, that's astonishing.

Whole battery meter is sotware aproximation, while there is no way to exactly tell remaining battery... You can calibrate sofware with completly discharge (let it shut off) and then recharge to 100%

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.