Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Hey guys, my magic mouse top is slightly wobbling from left to right, you can feel it and hear it.

Is it normal or something is wrong? nothing can be seen physically , its just that u can hear the top part moves from left to right from the rest of the body of the mouse.

Drask

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2012
Hey guys, my magic mouse top is slightly wobbling from left to right, you can feel it and hear it.

Is it normal or something is wrong? nothing can be seen physically , its just that u can hear the top part moves from left to right from the rest of the body of the mouse.

Got the same issue when I got my iMac, I went to change it to the AppStore (they just changed the mouse).

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Got the same issue when I got my iMac, I went to change it to the AppStore (they just changed the mouse).

And the replacement magic mouse doesn't do that?

did you exchange the mouse within the 30 days of buying the magic mouse or after the 30 days?

did they give u a new one or a refurbished one?

Drask

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2012
And the replacement magic mouse doesn't do that?

did you exchange the mouse within the 30 days of buying the magic mouse or after the 30 days?

did they give u a new one or a refurbished one?

Here's what happened:

I bought an iMac, 14 days later hard drive died completely random (mouse was perfectly fine), I went to apple and they gave me a new computer (because I was within the 30 days), this second one came with the broken mouse (not broken, but it was unconformable trying to play with the touch functions, I'm sure you know what I mean).

I came to the apple store the next day with just the mouse, I explained that this was the second time I was there for a replacement and I just wanted to get a new mouse instead of brining all the computer again for another replacement (27" is kinda heavy), they gave me the mouse of the computer I returned just a day ago. So if you are within your 30 days my guess will be you can change the mouse, but they will give you a refurbished one.

Hope this helps.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
i dont understand what you mean by "unconformable trying to play with the touch functions"

Can u please me more specific?

Drask

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2012
i dont understand what you mean by "unconformable trying to play with the touch functions"

Can u please me more specific?

Uhmm, I could feel and hear something was slightly not ok with the mouse, anyways, just to be sure, why don't you go into an apple store and give it a try there? I'm sure that will answer your question.

Hope that helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.